What time do you get up in the morning?

jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Only reason I ask is I am having to get up half an hour earlier this week as starting work half an hour early.

6.30am for me but usually 7am.......................boy I am knackered! :laugh:

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    my alarm goes of at 6.20 and with 2 snoozes i am up at 6.40. my eldest by this time is usually up and showered as she has to leave at 7.30.

i then iron everyones stuff (yes i know i should do it the night before), cook soup for flasks, make butties, do hair and then finally get me ready!!!!

i usually get to work for 8 and the first thing i do before i turn on my puter is have a coffee, i usually need it.

Just reading that, i need another coffee :)

Tracy
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    My alarm goes off at 6.15 and I leave home for work around at 7.20.

You get used to the times and it doesn't feel particular early anymore. It gives me all the time to wake up slowly, get a cup of tea in and get ready for another day at work.

No kids who I need to feed and my boyfriend can feed himself...
  • Beautiful_bobo
    Beautiful_bobo Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi

I am lucky at the moment as I am only a mile away from work, which I can walk in 20 mins or drive in 5 mins. But when I did not have a car and still worked in Chatham whilst living in Rye, I used to get up at 4.15 to get to Paddock Wood to get a train to Strood and walk from Strood to Chatham to be at work for 9am. Glad I do not do that anymore....even driving on a good day could take at least an hour.
  • jewels.p
    Hi

I am lucky at the moment as I am only a mile away from work, which I can walk in 20 mins or drive in 5 mins. But when I did not have a car and still worked in Chatham whilst living in Rye, I used to get up at 4.15 to get to Paddock Wood to get a train to Strood and walk from Strood to Chatham to be at work for 9am. Glad I do not do that anymore....even driving on a good day could take at least an hour.

4.15 that's the worst yet! lol
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    5.30 here
  • amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    7:04 exactly!
  • jewels.p
    7:04 exactly!

Why 7.04?
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    6.05ish if I'm dragging myself to the gym otherwise about 7ish to leave the house at 8 to get to work for about 9.20ish!
  • amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Jewels - I'm not really sure why its so precise, my alarm is set for 6:57 and I snooze that for 5 mins, then get up at 7:04! Am I strange?! Say 7:05 then haha!
  • bumblebee
    bumblebee Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    5.00am alarm goes off, out of bed in about 5mins
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    5.30am, out the house by 5.40am at the gym for 6am leave at about 7.20am and at work for 7.30am ready to start work @ 8am :)
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Get up about half eight, ten minutes to get ready then half an hour to get to work at nine (... I'm always late. It got so bad I even had to adjust my hours to compensate for my lateness, though I do stay later in the day to make up for it...!)
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I got out of bed at gone 9am today. I can't get up in the mornings and am often late.
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    7am alarm for 7:15 wake up.

Get kids ready and walk them to school for 8:45 back home and start work around 9am, 9:15am maybe 9:30.
    Regards,

Burg
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Alarm goes off at 5am. Then I have to listen to two hours of Steve Allen on LBC radio, wetting myself laughing all the while. Then at 7am I get out of bed, have a mad dash panic to get the 7.50 train to work.

Lazy bitch aren't I.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    speegs wrote: ยป
    Lazy bitch aren't I.
    Nope. That would be me :D
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    7am to get the baby up and fed, leave at 8am to get baby to nursery and start work at 9am
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    It used to be 6.45 whilst I did the school run at 8.05, but during the holidays I was up at 5am & out by 5.45 (the joys of flexi-time,lol - was at work by 6am) I only live a 5 minute walk away from the new job, & although I start at 8 I'd rather get the housework, laundry etc done & dinner in the slow cooker before I leave, so will be up & about at 5.30. Thank goodness for 24 hour supermarkets, online banking etc. I much prefer to be at work early, before the phones start ringing:)
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    It used to be.... alarm going at 6.45, snooze pressed until 6.55, wake up and leave at 7.40 to get in for 8 o'clock.

NOW.... (Since breaking up with my girlfriend - whos flat it was !!)

I awake at 5.30, snooze pressed til 5.40, wake up, iron clothes, cup of coffee and leave at 6.30 to get in for 8 !!!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Monsoon and Speegs - you have made me smile in this thread with your use of that 'b' word that I could never get way with.
Privacy Policy