Mentor

PhilipG
PhilipG Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi everyone - whilst I am not new to AAT (I am currently studying Technician level 4 through Kaplan home study). I would like to know if any one would be interested in being a mentor or perhaps working with me - NOT doing my course work just someone I could bounce ideas and thoughts off, maybe find we could help one another - not looking for meet up unless your in my home town as I believe this could be discussed through here and email.

Thank you - Philip

Comments

• Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Philip i have just enrolled with Kaplan to start Technician level.I am starting with DFS. I did the level 3 at college, so distance learning is new to me! I have joined this forum hoping this will help me through the units. Which unit are you doing? Becky
  • KIMP
    KIMP Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Hi i have just enrolled with BPP to start Technician level via distance learing and online classroom. I am starting with the unit 10 project and the Credit Management & control exam. I have been away from studying for four years so a bit of a shock to the system to be back studying. I did the level 3 at college four years ago, so distance learning is new to me too. Kim
  • PhilipG
    Further to mentor

I am starting with budgeting quite an indepth topic and its guidance if anything pls
  • Beautiful_bobo
    Beautiful_bobo Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi. I am studying with Premier training.

Just started my technician and after having a big operation and been ill afterwards I have slightly lost the enthusiam to study, so having a mentor or others to push me would be a great help.

Jennie
  • PhilipG
    I'm looking for a mentor.....

Perhaps we can talk online and get together through the internet, sorry to hear about your op - hope all recovery goes well xx - as menitoned I don't necessarily need pushing just nudges in the right direction so to speak - perhaps we can all help one another
  • geek84
    geek84 Registered Posts: 568 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

I'm also studying via Prenmier Training. I am out of work at the mo, so manage to get a few hours study during the week, when the kids are at school. At present, I am on unit 31 level 2.

I would also be interested to share ideas wth other students regarding the study material.

Perhaps we could form an on line discussion forum, or something similar?

Thanks
  • PhilipG
    I am v interested in a discussion group

I think a discussion group would be perfect only problem I see is that we are all studying different units I'm doing Budgeting level 4
  • KIMP
    KIMP Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Then i joined the distance learing i paid for the online course for the level 10 project and the online Credit Management & control. But i also purchased the Distance learing Budgeting so hopefully start in a few weeks when i have got to grips with the other. After hearing its a indepth topic, think i might have bit off more than i chew lol. Fingers crossed its no going to be as bad as i am thinking.
  • PhilipG
    Mentor cont.....

I must admit I was conscious there was a lot of work involved re the level 4 AAT but I aren't currently working and spending many hours a day working through the text, I find copying the text out helps me but Gees its hard work but I remain positive but thats not easy...................tbc
  • M0307
    M0307 Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Hi
    Im studying Technician level too, started in september. Im doing unit 11. Im doing budgeting in Jan. Im also doing distance learning too with Eagle Education, but I havent been able to keep the momentum I wanted to start with - so I am a bit behind, it would be good to bounce ideas around !! Anyone on Financial Statements?
  • Becky V
    M0307 wrote: »
    Hi
    Im studying Technician level too, started in september. Im doing unit 11. Im doing budgeting in Jan. Im also doing distance learning too with Eagle Education, but I havent been able to keep the momentum I wanted to start with - so I am a bit behind, it would be good to bounce ideas around !! Anyone on Financial Statements?

Hi i am just waiting for my books to arrive for Financial statements. How are you finding it so far?
  • M0307
    M0307 Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Becky V wrote: »
    Hi i am just waiting for my books to arrive for Financial statements. How are you finding it so far?
    Hi Becky

Yep not too bad - Im a bit behind though. What books are you using? Ive got Osbourne, they seem ok.
    I think that it is remembering the international accounting standards and getting used to using different terminology thats not too easy! Let me know how you get on
  • Becky V
    M0307 wrote: »
    Hi Becky

Yep not too bad - Im a bit behind though. What books are you using? Ive got Osbourne, they seem ok.
    I think that it is remembering the international accounting standards and getting used to using different terminology thats not too easy! Let me know how you get on

I will be using Kaplan. It would good to have someone to talk to thanks.
Privacy Policy