Quickbooks 2010

Bluewednesday
Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
I have a client that has transferred to QB 2010 from QB 06.

They wanted to start checking their VAT return before I come and run the reports but there is a one off adjustment that has to be made because of the way 06 VAT worked (anyone who has used QB 2010 will know what I mean).

Looking at the unassigned VAT codes they are journals and are fine to be ignored. However I have a list of discrepancies on the report but don't know what to do with them. I tried to send it back to the office but it only sent the summary not the full report so am going back to the clients to get the individual line items. I suspect that these will have been adjusted for already as I have always re run previous VAT100's to pick up any items that went into previous periods after the VAT has run but has anyone any experience of making these adjustments? I don't want to get near the month end and find there are problems that can't be sorted before the VAT is filed.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.

Comments

• truecockney
    truecockney Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
    Am I glad not to have been the only one to be totally confused by this! And don't even think about looking on the support forums.

You will need to contact the Support Helpline (08456062161) as to explain it in writing would be impossible for it to come out right. All I know is that some journal entries had to be made through "adjustment accounts" to get the unassigned figures off the VAT100(although they do not remove them totally). These adjustments will make your current period in QB10 match QB06 but how these work I can't even begin to explain.

There are 28 days free support with the purchase. Just hope that there aren't many entries since purchase as don't know how that would affect things as I done it within a week of purchase (without any entries posted through the records).
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Thanks for your reply.

I have to say it's the discrepancy report that worries me more as it says we have to pay £96,000! I have to say I am not very au fait with QB but I'm sure I haven't made that sort of error.

I'll have a look when I go to the clients and check what it is putting on the discrepancy report.
Privacy Policy