VAT Authorisation for on-line VAT

A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem?

We requested an Auth Code for on-line VAT for a client and have received the VT code from the client clicked on the request(s) awaiting entry of code but now the client is missing?

We only entered it last week and have even looked on the already authorised client list and isnt there either?

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Have you got more than one staff memeber on your Gateway account?

We had a similar issue in that when we entered the code, the client vanished.

You then have to go to gateway.gov.uk, manage clients, assign clients to staff member(s)

Then go back to hmrc.gov.uk and they will appear in the client list.

I don't get why they felt the need to have the gateway.gov.uk and the hmrc.gov.uk portals, it's ridiculous.

However, if your client has vanished before you enter the VT code then I'm not sure... But do try looking in Gateway. Did the code expire?
  • A-Vic
    Thanks Monsoon just tried that but no good :(

am the main one that enters the new codes and only one gateway account and spoke to the client yesterday got the code directly.

Funny thing is i have just spoken to HMRC they wernt sure either waiting for a call back
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    I had this for my first two authorisations. I am the only user as well. I called HMRC helpline and they did something. I then had to do the authorisation process again and it has worked fine since (touch wood).
    Regards,

Burg
  • A-Vic
    the client wont be happy we had to redo the 64-8 4 times as they say they never received it finally get that sorted and then this to funny
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I had a client who was removed recently because an item of mail had been returned to HMRC so they put them on the 'missing trader register' and froze their VAT registration.
  • noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I had the same problem, I rang hmrc online help line and reported it over the phone and then within approx 3 days they got it appearing on my auth client list. You need to report the problem to them and they will sort it - fingers crossed x
  • A-Vic
    I had the same problem, I rang hmrc online help line and reported it over the phone and then within approx 3 days they got it appearing on my auth client list. You need to report the problem to them and they will sort it - fingers crossed x

Yep left it in their hands till monday see what happens :)
Privacy Policy