Well, what a lovely AAT President we have!

anniem
anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I should be hoovering, but I'm not!

Was absolutely thrilled to bits to go to the Achievement Awards in London on Friday evening.

Fantastic!

We were chatting to a couple who were waiting for their daughter to arrive when a man 'I sort of recognised but couldn't place' wandered over in his kilt, with a large (very large) medallion on a blue ribbon over his maroon tie! I half thought he was a bit over-dressed for the occasion, but he chatted for a few moments before I plucked up the courage to ask his name ..... then I realised - The Big Cheese!!!!!!! OMG, Neil Price in real life didn't quite look like the chap on all the brochures (especially with a sporran on!).

What a lovely person, relaxed and very friendly. I feel honoured and very proud to have met him; he is so enthusiastic about the AAT and, although he admitted that he doesn't really do the forums, he truly sees the use and embraces the technology that a lot of us who study at home have come to rely upon. Our virtual classroom with real classmates who help and support one another ..... and all the other nutters who haunt this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire

Comments

• jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    And the nutters are? :lol:
  • anniem

UM ....... I'm not sure that they know they're nutters ......... perhaps it's only my perception of them??????

.......... but I think I'm not alone with that thought!
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I think I qualify as one!
  • Miss_HJ
    Miss_HJ Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor โญ
    I agree, what a lovely man!!

He spent the evening trying to speak to as many of us as possible, and was pelasent to chat to!! a very nice man. his aim, to make us ambasitors of the AAT and premote it as much as possible in our home environments!!!

I must say from the event I feel very happy to be a part of the AAT!!
  • Parmstrong83
    Parmstrong83 Registered Posts: 10 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I think what impressed me so much was how much my Fiancee was blown away.

She was impressed about how friendly and non uptight everyone was!
  • anniem
    My hubby was just the same - couldn't believe how lovely complete strangers could be!

Did you also think how well Jane Scott Paul did announcing all those names - some of them were quite tricky - she spoke to eloquently too! Really inspiring.
Privacy Policy