Who attended AAT ceremony at park plaza on 22.10.10

MoneySavingBank
MoneySavingBank Registered Posts: 143 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi all,

I have attended last fridays ceremony at Park Plaza Hotel. Anybody else from this forum attended there? Just wondering... :D

Many thanks & Regards,

MSB

Comments

• bumblebee
    bumblebee Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I dindnt!
    What was it like?
  • MoneySavingBank
    Excellent!

That was a really good event. One of many to come. I was feeling I am a part of a big and excellent professional body.

Ta
  • Hodan
    Hodan Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    I was at the ceremony on Friday and also enjoyed myself. I learned a lot by talking to people. I pass my final exam in Feb 2010 and was looking forward to the ceremony.
    I am looking at to apply fot the Licence in Pratice but i don't know where to start.
    Any advice is welcome.

Well done all for your achievement and Congrats!
  • Miss_HJ
    Miss_HJ Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    Brill!

I attended the London event, it was really good and enjoyable!! Even my mum n dad enjoyed themself, tho dad did say he didnt understand some of the finance talk! lol

Everyone was really friendly and what made it nicer was that during the awards ceremony people collecting their 25 yrs service were congratulating you on becoming a full member and there really was a mix of age, the chap next to me was showing me pics of his granddaughter and he was just becoming a full member!

It really had a family feel about the event, noone was looking down on you i felt an equal person being there and would encourage anyone thinking about attendig future events to go for it!!

As for the AAT, they were very willing to talk to members, the event ran so smoothly and the food was lovely, chicken stroganof! and choc torte!! the alcohol was in full swing and champagn was available all night, waiters were walking around topping up wine glasses whilst the food was available.

it really was a good evening,

thanks AAT!!
  • Parmstrong83
    Parmstrong83 Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Yes!

I was there :-)

it was really nice evening. I really liked the way that Jane Scott Paul and the President fellow made a point of coming around talking to everyone.

Congratulations by the way :-)
  • MoneySavingBank
    One Step Ahead of what people (others) think

I honestly think AAT is "one step ahead" of what some people (Outsider) think about it. AAT is doing really good in media in recent months and years.

I hope they focus more on developing the BRAND and we take all the advantage as a member.

I am really proud to be a part or AAT.

Cheers'

M
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Yep - excellent do! I enjoyed it immensely - so did my husband, who I thought would stand around with his hands in his pockets not talking to anyone, but before I knew it he was quite happily talking to three newly qualified MAATs (ok, yes, they were slim with very nicely fitted dresses!), even he had a brilliant evening and remarked at just how happy, friendly and chatty everyone was. He honestly thought that the evening would be "grey", with grey people, talking about grey things like tax, and boring accounting stuff - but it wasn't! They were real people talking about sensible things like finding a good beer in London.

After the event, we did wander out of the hotel to try and find a good beer not too far away; quite hilarious ..... looked into a few pubs - no real ale - then through a window saw a chap who appeared to be drinking real ale, excellent.

I mentioned to Henry that I thought it might be a gay bar, but, the 6'2" farmer, Dad to my two boys, quite confidently advised me that I was mistaken. We were greeted at the door by a large black man who enquired if we had been there before? Nope. You do realise this is a gay bar, don't you???

Suffice to say, the evening ended with a quite hot chocolate, back in our room at the hotel!!!!!

I would certainly recommend you attend an Achievement Award ceremony when you receive your invitation!!!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • anniem
    Did you also notice that Park Plaza was on The Apprentice on Sunday evening???
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I was just wondering if there is any Awards Ceremony's in Scotland as there is never much happening regarding AAT events up here?

(Not that I have qualified yet but for future reference)
  • Miss_HJ
    anniem wrote: »
    Yep - excellent do! I enjoyed it immensely - so did my husband, who I thought would stand around with his hands in his pockets not talking to anyone, but before I knew it he was quite happily talking to three newly qualified MAATs (ok, yes, they were slim with very nicely fitted dresses!), even he had a brilliant evening and remarked at just how happy, friendly and chatty everyone was. He honestly thought that the evening would be "grey", with grey people, talking about grey things like tax, and boring accounting stuff - but it wasn't! They were real people talking about sensible things like finding a good beer in London.

I totally agree well exceeded my expectations and AAT staff are fab in person.
  • Miss_HJ
    I honestly think AAT is "one step ahead" of what some people (Outsider) think about it. AAT is doing really good in media in recent months and years.

I hope they focus more on developing the BRAND and we take all the advantage as a member.

I am really proud to be a part or AAT.

Cheers'

M

Totally agree its an organisation that makes u feel part of it, not just that its got u an accountancy qualification to earn u more as some people believe!!

I am all for premoting the AAT, a couple of the staff here have just completed yet are not sure if they will register for Full AAT? to me whats the point in studying it if u dont want to use MAAT?
  • anniem
    jewels.p wrote: »
    I was just wondering if there is any Awards Ceremony's in Scotland as there is never much happening regarding AAT events up here?

(Not that I have qualified yet but for future reference)

Hi Jewels - I spoke to Neil Price, AAT President, on Friday at the ceremony. He lives and works up in the Orkneys, and is actively seeking to improve things in Scotland for Scottish members. He's really enthusiastic about it and a charming person to meet too! Honestly brilliant President!!!!! ;)
  • MoneySavingBank
    There must be something very right about this organisation

I agree with anniem. Starting from the Top to the Bottom, I find every single AAT Staffs are wonderful!

(There must be something very right about this <our> organisation :D )

Ta
  • bumblebee
    bumblebee Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I agree with anniem. Starting from the Top to the Bottom, I find every single AAT Staffs are wonderful!

(There must be something very right about this <our> organisation :D )

Ta

I have to say It is good to be part of it now, since I have joined this Forum and I am addicted to it! Congratulations to all AAT members and Thank you for being part of it.
    Keep it up guys!
  • James Cristiano
    James Cristiano Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
    Applying for a practising licence

Dear AAT forum users

You can download the information and application form to apply for a practising licence at aat.org.uk/membersinpractice or call the MIP team on 0845 863 0788 and they can post a pack to you.

Kind regards,
    James, AAT Web Team
  • missmel
    missmel Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    Slightly late reply, but I was there too.

I thoroughtly enjoyed the whole evening and I'm intending to get to local Events as much as possible in 2011 due to the friendlyness of the achievement awards.

My fella got talking to the man next to him and we only live 10 miles apart! Talk about small world.
Privacy Policy