Home Study

anniebabe
anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Does anyone know.
If I decided to study at home instead of going to college - would I be able to just sit exams at say Kaplan ? as long as I paid my fees to the AAT.

Comments

• donnas1977
    donnas1977 Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi Annie

As far as i know you can. Your home study fees dont include any exams etc or revision. All you would have to do is pay say kaplan or similar to sit exam and if you wanted to attend any revision courses.

Donna
  • anniebabe
    Hi Donna
    Thanks for the reply, was wondering if it was an option.
    Hows study going?
  • donnas1977
    not good lol. i tried the mock exam on kaplan engage and just got a pass (had to use notes for some of section 2), . got revision next weekend so hoping it comes together by then, only redeeming factor is my exam isnt for another 7 weeks so hopefully lots of practice i should manage it ok. how is your's going?
  • anniebabe
    Not good and exam in 4 weeks!!!! gulp!!!!! got 3 full days in college tho, and hopefully someone is coming to help me study from next week.
    What do you mean not good? you got a pass on the mock and 7 weeks to go, you will wing it. not looking good for me at the moment, lets hope a miracle happens in the next few weeks.
  • donnas1977
    yeah i had to use notes for most of section 2 lol. the breakeven and limiting factor questions confused me no end.
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Does anyone know.
    If I decided to study at home instead of going to college - would I be able to just sit exams at say Kaplan ? as long as I paid my fees to the AAT.

Hi just wanted to say i have started home study with Kaplan. I am starting level 4 and will be sitting the exams and the nearest Kaplan centre. Good luck
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    hi Annie

i bought the Kaplan books for DFS and MAC from amazon and entered myself for the two exams for december so yes you can do it!

the exams are in just four weeks but if you actually think of it as a 30 days and structure yourself then i believe it is achievable

just set small goals for the chapters,depending on how you think you are doing for example i am pretty confident with the TB and the P&L and BS so i didnt spend much time in those but took me time to understand/comprehend the variances so i spent more time on that

and furthermost ...over here there is lovely people to help so dont be afraid to come over and ask!
  • anniebabe
    hi thanks for the replies, think that when I pass ECR - exam in 4 weeks, I will look at studying DFS on my own - I have been going to college but find that I am doing most on the leg work at home.
  • golftotty
    golftotty Registered Posts: 6 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Home Study

I am just finishing my Level 3 which I have done with Kaplan Distance Learning - I dont feel I have received any help at all and I might as well as just bought the books. How much do they charge for just taking the exams at one of their centres. The books are a lot cheaper than the Distance Learning package
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I am just finishing my Level 3 which I have done with Kaplan Distance Learning - I dont feel I have received any help at all and I might as well as just bought the books. How much do they charge for just taking the exams at one of their centres. The books are a lot cheaper than the Distance Learning package

Hello
    Please see below with BPP
    With regards to the sitting the skills test for units 15 and 32 there are two options available -

Option 1
    ASSESSMENT ONLY wrap-up product - This will include the cost of the skills test only, no study materials are provided with this option. Cost ยฃ100.00.
    Option 2
    DISTANCE LEARNING PACKAGE wrap-up product - This will include a Distance Learning Package, the cost of the skills test is included in the price of the package which is ยฃ165.00 per unit. Please note there is an additional charge of ยฃ10.00 for postage. The Distance Learning package includes the following materials - Course Companion, Revision Companion, Pass Cards and a Homestudy programme.
    Please note you will need to complete a mock before sitting the actual skills test. The mocks will be provided to you once an order has been placed for the chosen wrap up product.

The skills test can be sat on various dates we have available, once you are ready to make a booking please contact Customer Services on 0845 0751 100 who will be happy to assist and advise what dates are available.

and Kaplan

You can sit them in London at a cost of ยฃ50 per sim. You would need to arrange to sit the with our customer services team on a day when there is space within our simulation room. Please email if you are interested.
  • Amie1977
    Amie1977 Registered Posts: 33 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Am I reading this right that I don't have to be registered with a training provider but I can just buy the books say from amazon, study and then book and exam with Kaplan so long as I am an AAT student member??
  • twinks01
    twinks01 Registered Posts: 16 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    About a year ago when I was ringing around, BPP weren't charging an admin fee on top of the exam fee but Kaplan were, although this was when you purchased the study materials from them - not sure if it is different if you buy the books elsewhere?

Also, I think some local colleges/learning providers will let external students take exams there.
Privacy Policy