Moving House week of exams

jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
As if it isnt stressful enough for me just now but we have just found out our house move has been brought forward (was meant to be after Christmas) It is now the same week as my last exams! I am totally stressed out now.

The last time we moved I ended up with Tonsilitis with all the stress of it all. Goodness knows how I am gona cope this time with exams and moving. :sad:

Comments

• Jennywren66
    Jennywren66 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hope everything goes alright for you. Dont panic to much over every thing I am sure it will be fine just keep taking deep breaths, and good luck.
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    will you be able to do the exam and then move? or is the moving days before the exam? i would worry more for the exam than moving house ....well try not to stress yourself to much cause wont help with neither the studying, the moving or your health
  • jewels.p
    Moving is the weekend after the exams but wont be able to just concentrate on studying this month as there are so many things to think about when moving too.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Oh dear - why is nothing ever simple?????

Which days are your exams? Can you organise a packing house team of friends to come and help you on the Thursday/Friday?

Have you got any study leave from work, so that you can spend a couple of days solid cramming in the week before the exam? This might give you time to pack a couple of boxes each evening and do some studying each day?

I have to say that I moved house during my studies and just decided that I would have to miss the June exams, but with the change over in the qualification I suspect that you just want to get it nailed under the old standards!

Good luck whatever you decide. Another thought - can you talk to AAT and have it added as a 'stress' at exam time??????

Anna x
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • jewels.p
    No dont have any time off work for study leave or moving! My exams are the Monday and the Tuesday so that gives me the Wed, Thurs and Fri evenings to get sorted before the move on the Saturday. Other half says it wont be a problem as he'll do most of it dont think he realises it doesnt work like that bless him. It is still stressful for me.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    No dont have any time off work for study leave or moving! My exams are the Monday and the Tuesday so that gives me the Wed, Thurs and Fri evenings to get sorted before the move on the Saturday. Other half says it wont be a problem as he'll do most of it dont think he realises it doesnt work like that bless him. It is still stressful for me.
    Trust the other half and let him deal with the moving.

Once the exams are over, you can focus on helping him with whatever is left.

It still adds stress, but if he is packing somewhere in a room and you make sure you are studying in another room, you don't see what he is doing, so no worries about him messing all things up and it might even look like he has it all properly organised!
  • jewels.p
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Trust the other half and let him deal with the moving.

Once the exams are over, you can focus on helping him with whatever is left.

It still adds stress, but if he is packing somewhere in a room and you make sure you are studying in another room, you don't see what he is doing, so no worries about him messing all things up and it might even look like he has it all properly organised!

Thanks Rinske you made me laugh there! I like the bit about it LOOKING like he has it all properly organised.
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Try to take some things off your mind by making a list. If you think of anything that needs to be done write it down (you could then give this list to your other half or wait til the exams are over and use the three days to get through the list). At least that way your clearing your mind of the moving details which in turn will free up some thinking space for studying!
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I think you're going to find it very distracting trying to study at home as you'll be sitting there looking around you thinking of all the things that need to be done. I know that's how I am when studying at home.

Have you thought of going somewhere else to study during the evening or at weekends, so you're out of the house and away from it?

Perhaps you could go to the local library, the coffee shop at the sports centre or stay at the office for an extra hour to study each evening ?
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    anniem wrote: ยป
    I think you're going to find it very distracting trying to study at home as you'll be sitting there looking around you thinking of all the things that need to be done. I know that's how I am when studying at home.

Have you thought of going somewhere else to study during the evening or at weekends, so you're out of the house and away from it?

Perhaps you could go to the local library, the coffee shop at the sports centre or stay at the office for an extra hour to study each evening ?

Fab Idea :) think i might try the coffee shop myself i love the local one, after work tomorrow for an hour or two
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    i know how it feels to be moving whilst trying to do exams or even studying.

i agree with making lists, and also yellow sticky notes, write where theings should go and stick it on the item. i know it sounds silly, but at least if your other half gets some mates to help out, you know things will find there way where they should be.

you have to let your other half do stuff, if he has offered, let him do it. he can see you are going to be a bit stressed and i think it is fab he has said he will do it.

take your books and sit yourself somewhere away from it all, a library or as suggested a coffee shop. make your studying enjoyable and enjoy the peace while it lasts, as soon as you last exam is over, you know you will then have to knuckle down and work hard to get moved in time.

You will manage - rope in as many people with vans as you can and it will go even quicker.

Good luck

Tracy
  • jewels.p
    Thanks you lot I am feeling a bit better today. Had a good nights sleep last night (after a sleepless weekend) so seeing things differently today. I am gonna nuckle down now and try to get exam stress over before moving on to moving stress!
Privacy Policy