Diploma in VAT

bumblebee
bumblebee Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Hi again. Has anyone done diploma in VAT by any chance. I was just wondering as I do a bit of VAT is it any good.

Comments

• T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    What is that all about then??
  • bumblebee
    Well, came across it while at Tolleys website, see here:

http://www.tolleytraining.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=42&Itemid=40
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Looks like great CPD for someone who does alot of complicated VAT. I would be interested to hear if anyone has tried it.
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

An ex-colleague of my took the Diploma. I'd left before they'd finished (not sure if they have yet) but they gave me the impression that it’s quite in-depth and informative.

I keep thinking about doing it, the price is reasonable and the course is very flexible to take. From what I saw the materials are of good quality but you do probably require the relevant Tolly’s (or similar) VAT handbook, although I believe students on the Diploma can buy the Tolly’s book at a discount.

Neil
  • bumblebee
    The course fee includes comprehensive home study manual, in my opinion additional material might not be necessary.

And I just thought, if i am planning to do ATT sometime next year, It might not be necessary for me to do this Diploma then, would it?
  • NeilH
    Hi

ATT does include a VAT option/cert of competance. If you plan on doing the VAT option, it may cover similar content to the Diplma anyway - have a look at the syllabus for each. When I last had a look, the diploma seemed more geared towards the admin and business compliance issues, where as the ATT option looked at it from a tax planning and legal point of view - but thats my take on it.

Neil
  • bumblebee
    Thanks Neil for your input regarding this. Tolleys dont seem to give much detail about the VAT element, but i will inquire about it. Thanks
  • NeilH
    Hi

Check out the IIT website, they have a syllabus on the site.

Neil
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I purchased the material about 4 years ago but never got round to completing any of the tests. I can thoroughly recommend it though. The course material is as comprehensive as anyone in practice would need. Extremely practical and you would not need any additional materials.

The syllabus goes way beyond that covered by AAT, ATT and CTA and is great reference material to have on your shelf.
  • NeilH
    Hi

I quite tempted o take it now i've read Dean's comments. I've always been interested in it but was never sure if it actually gave you an edge in VAT.

Neil
  • bumblebee
    Seems like we will both be into this soon Neil! I will definetly consider this one before ATT as compared to the cost it is quite reasonable, and certainly be looking forward to do it now after Dean's comment. Thanks Dean.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I have just looked at the link, seems quite interesting. I wat to do the ATT but they don't cater for students in germany. This might be the link i need.

thanks all
Privacy Policy