Engagement Letter Chasing

Options
shadeofblue
shadeofblue Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi all,

Does anyone else have problems getting clients to read,sign & return your engagement letter. Sometimes resulting you commencing the work on a verbal basis before they sign it.

I find it a real pain waiting for them to sign it, does anyone out their have any advice or tatics on chasing for clients for it?

Would appreciate an MIP's advice.

Thanks !
Rachel

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Yes, don't do any work until they sign it. If they start getting nasty just refer them to the details in the engagement letter saying that you can't do any work until they've signed it. And if they're going to turn nasty with you about an engagement letter do you really want to be working with them anyway?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    we have a simular problem at work - little things you can do is one set up a new client folder for the first meet and then you can get them to sign it there, put in a SAE in with the engagement letter (might sound simple but it works) also in the covering letter just explane that you cannot do any work until it is signed.

and as suggested if they get funny about signing a simple engagement letter imagine trying to get them to do other things is it worth it ?
  • shadeofblue
    shadeofblue Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I had a couple of clients who say they never got round to reading i've done the job and got paid but they still havent returned yet.

With my latest client at the 2nd meeting to collect documents I asked if he could read it while I was there so I waited patiently for 10 mins while he digested it. Paper work clear up!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    We just say we can't begin work until we've had it.
    Yes, don't do any work until they sign it. If they start getting nasty just refer them to the details in the engagement letter saying that you can't do any work until they've signed it. And if they're going to turn nasty with you about an engagement letter do you really want to be working with them anyway?

+1 to that!
Privacy Policy