Is FMAAT Plus worth subscribing too?

Rachel
Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
I am a MIP and just wondered if others used it and if it worth it.

Finally got round to sorting my fellow memership out.

Thanks

Rachel

Comments

• Paul C
    Paul C Registered Posts: 193 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I am FMAAT and thinks its really good. But I could not see anything worth paying for in the extra bits, in addition to standard FMAAT that is. If i missed something please let me know!
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I am FMAAT and it looks good on the paperwork!
  • Rachel
    Does anyone pay the ยฃ60 subscription to FMAAT plus? Can't find that much about it and the AAT do not offer a trial.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I take it "FMAAT Plus" is some kind of extra subscription thing you can pay for, that's over and above regular fellow membership?

I passed all my exams 4.5 years ago but due to that silly MAS project I have another 2.5 years before I can get fellow membership.
  • Monsoon
    Rachel you beat me to it!

I'm very cynical, but I would guess it's not worth it ;)

What are you supposed to get for your money?
  • Sue
    Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Below are the feature that were listed for FMAAT Plus earlier in the year. I think when I looked at it I felt it was more suitable for Accountants in Industry rather than Practice and was for people that managed other staff. I only looked at it very briefly so there may be more to it than I realised.

1. Access to Management Direct โ€“ an online raft of resources from the Chartered Management Institute.

2. Exclusive podcasts relevant to senior accounting and management roles.

3. Attendance at an exclusive FMAAT annual event.

4. Access to exclusive discounts through the AAT Additions service before all other levels of membership.

5. FMAAT Plus offers you a more tailored membership benefits package
  • Rachel
    Thanks Sue, doesn't seem like it will benefit me then, I don't understand why it seems to be secret or maybe they just don't have may subscribers.

Thanks again, don't think I will part with my ยฃ60.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    No I don't pay. Can't see it is worth it.
  • wildgoose1uk
    wildgoose1uk Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I don't think it is a secret Rachel..... I just don't think all aspects of the website are that user friendly. It comes up under a search for FMAAT Plus.

If you have three years management experience then you can join CMI as an Associate for ยฃ115 and get four more letters after your name as well as more benefits than FMAAT Plus is offering. See here http://www.managers.org.uk/training-development-qualifications/personal-development/benefits-of-membership/membership-decision-tree

I think it may be useful if you are offering more than just accounting services or employ staff as well. If you plan to offer any sort of consultancy or strategic or business planning to sme's then this could be useful.
  • Rachel
    Thanks for all your replies, I was wondering whether it would help me as a MIP and I am not sure that it will so I don't think I will spend the money. I am only very part time as I am really on a career break bring my 2 small children up.

I am quite happy with the 9 letters after my name at the moment.

Thanks again

Rachel
  • Monsoon
    If you have three years management experience then you can join CMI as an Associate for ยฃ115 and get four more letters after your name as well as more benefits than FMAAT Plus is offering. See here http://www.managers.org.uk/training-development-qualifications/personal-development/benefits-of-membership/membership-decision-tree

I think it may be useful if you are offering more than just accounting services or employ staff as well. If you plan to offer any sort of consultancy or strategic or business planning to sme's then this could be useful.

That's interesting. I might store that information for future use. Thanks WG
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Did anyone else receive the AATs 'Engage' email newsletter today?

There was a link to learn more about FMAAT Plus which, as usual, did not work so I am still none-the-wiser.

However, I persevered and entered 'FMAAT Plus' into the search engine on the home page and, although I could not find any details about FMAAT Plus, all the management modules are free to either view or download as PDFs. Having looked at a few it seems pretty generic management training material and not of any interest to me. Others may find it useful if you want to take a look.
  • Sue
    Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I didn't receive the Engage newsletter today, although I think I am subscribed to it.

I received a link to the FMAAT plus on an email from the AAT a few months ago and the link did not work then either.

Also the email address at the bottom of the email from the AAT was incorrect.

I have been in contact with the AAT about both of the above and they had supposedly sorted it!!
Privacy Policy