Fees for Chiropractor

Haggis
Haggis Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi - My client visits a chiropractor regularly and the charges for the year amount to around £250, he is a kitchen fitter so has a physical job - do you think it is acceptable to put these charges down as a business expense ?
many thanks

Comments

• EmmaTaylor
    EmmaTaylor Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Haggis wrote: »
    Hi - My client visits a chiropractor regularly and the charges for the year amount to around £250, he is a kitchen fitter so has a physical job - do you think it is acceptable to put these charges down as a business expense ?
    many thanks

Personally I would think not: a business expense must be wholly, exclusively and necessarily incurred in the course of the business; the client also uses their body for purposes outside of the business so it's not wholly and exclusively for business use....
  • Haggis
    Thanks for your reply - I think my client was hoping the amounts would be included as he paid the fees out of his business bank account, thanks again.
  • EmmaTaylor
    EmmaTaylor Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Well, that's my personal view.

But I mentioned it to a friend who used to be a physical performer and she said that she and several acrobats she knew used to claim costs of visits to chiropractors.

So seek a second opinion... my view may not be the right one!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Not allowable, for sure.

I think acrobats etc may be able to claim as their body is their trade so to speak.

Someone with a manual job is a different case, as is someone who sits at a computer all
    day who might need to see a chiropractor/osteopath; it's still not allowable.
  • Haggis
    Chiropractor fees

Thanks for your help, much appreciated
Privacy Policy