Crazy Crazy Situation

jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
On the AAT Front page it states that colleges have to respond to their email advising of exam cancellations by 12pm on Friday. The college where I was meant to sit them is closed to all staff and students therefore there is noone there to respond to emails. I tried to phone but there is no answer. I am panicking AGAIN cause if they dont get back to the AAT before the deadline what happens then?

Comments

• Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Is there a message on the website for the college? If so, can you screen print it and e-mail the AAT with the details? They must be aware that colleges that were shut a few days ago are probably still shut. They need to extend the deadline. If the college contact the AAT as soon as they are open again I'm sure it will be ok.

I really hope that the AAT arrange another paper and that you don't have to wait until June.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    A lot of people also have access to their work email at home nowadays, so they might have asked someone to check the school's email from home and make sure they respond to the urgent stuff.

I wouldn't worry too much, but emailing them a screenshot of the website might be a good idea if that's possible.

Have you managed to get home yet or are you still stuck in a hotel?
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Lou1234 wrote: Β»
    I really hope that the AAT arrange another paper and that you don't have to wait until June.

Jewels - from all your posts on here I'm sure the AAT know how annoying the whole week has been for you! If the AAT haven't seen the weather forecast then they need their head tested. BTW the AAT President lives in Scotland, surely he has some clout???

As far as another paper is concerned I know that creating an exam paper is a hugely long, complicated and laborious process; involving person to write paper, persons to sit test paper, troubleshooting test paper, Chief Assessor approval, etc. I understand that it takes a few months to actually reach the final point at which a paper is examinable.

I'm sure Sandy or Steve can throw more light on the "exam paper writing process" than I can, but I know I read about it somewhere a year or so ago.
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • jewels.p
    Do you know what I dont even want to sit them this side of Christmas now as due to all this stress I think I would completely muck it all up anyway!

Feel like jacking the whole lot in now.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    jewels.p wrote: Β»
    Do you know what I dont even want to sit them this side of Christmas now as due to all this stress I think I would completely muck it all up anyway!

Feel like jacking the whole lot in now.

Don't stop practising questions now - I know it's really hard and soooooooo unfair *big hugs* but it's going to be so much harder to get back into it if you don't keep just doing bitesize revision on a regular basis. You know what it's like trying to get back into the swing of things when you move onto the next unit!

You're made of sterner stuff than 'giving up'!!!! X
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • jewels.p
    Thanks Anna sorry for being a whinge this week! :sad:
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    i cant believe this so unfair

i felt guilty when i did MAC and DFS cause i know how hard you have been trying to study mac and then couldnt sit it :(

Nothing preventing you from sending emails/calling AAT and telling them that you have tried to contact the college to let them know/push them to send the email so the AAT can see you are eager to have this resolved and no wait and have the weather as an excuse for not doing the exams

I think the AAT should basically just get some exercises from past papers and throw in an exam so you can sit it soon .....
Privacy Policy