Fuel

sammyd22
sammyd22 Registered Posts: 207 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Went to put some petrol in the car earlier this week only to find that Unleaded had increased by 6p to 126.9 ................. What a disgrace!!

Are they just taking advantage of the bad weather etc..? or have costs genuinly increased?

Comments

• donnas1977
    donnas1977 Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    we are 123.9 for diesel . all stations are now empty.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    We have no fuel here either!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Are they just taking advantage of the bad weather etc..? or have costs genuinly increased?

Since we're often referred to as 'Rip off Britain', which one would you think is more likely?

Petrol was at around 90 pence per litre when the fuel strike happened in 2000 then instantly went down to around 73 pence. So now we've reached 126 pence, it should perhaps make us wonder why it hasn't happened again or are backhanders being passed around somewhere preventing another one?

Or maybe we're now just so used to being ripped off by everyone everywhere that we've simply just given up?
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I paid ยฃ118.9 today in Nottingham! (There does seem to be problems with diesel supplies though.)
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    you are scaring me now, we are due to travel over next friday and now panicking about fuel

i need all of my space in the car for tesco and asda food i cant waste the space by having to bring jerry cans full of fuel to get me through lol

Tracy
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Diesel is 128.9 here in the sticks. I've given up being disgusted by it...

Didn't know there was a shortage though.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Cost me ยฃ75 to fill my tank yesterday, I was checking underneath to make sure it wasn't coming out of the bottom of the car!
Privacy Policy