contribution/machine hour?

Clairey
Clairey Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
Hiya

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be soo greatful! I can't find the forumla for contribution machine hour. If anyone has it it's for June 2008 practice paper - tast 2.4. Iv'e even got the answers but using what I thought was the calculation I can't get the same answers.

Any help would be great x
Thanks
Clara x

Comments

• sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    First of all work out contribution. (SP-VC).

if work out for the total production
    then: total contribution divide by total machine hours

If worked out per unit

the contribution per unit divide by Machine hours.

However, becareful here. If machine hours is only 20 minutes ie 1/3 an hour the you need to multipy by 3 to work our contribution per hour

eg. contribution per unit is £6

machine hours taken is 20 minutes
    therefore £6 divide by 20 times 60 to work out a machine hour contribution = £18

or if machine hours taken is 90 minutes, then you need to divide the resuly by 3 and multiply by 2 to work out contribution per hour.

eg contrubution per unit is £6

machine hours taken - 1.5 hrs (90 minutes)
    therefore £6 divide by 90 times 60 = £4 per machine hour

hope this helps
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    A useful tip, when you see the word "per" just substitute the words "divided by". So "contribution per machine hour" translates to "contribution divided by machine hours".
  • Dipak Thanki
    Dipak Thanki Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    coojee wrote: »
    A useful tip, when you see the word "per" just substitute the words "divided by". So "contribution per machine hour" translates to "contribution divided by machine hours".

And if in the question it says machine hours/unit, "/" also just means divide, so it becomes really straight forward!:D
Privacy Policy