Anti Money Laundering Checks

MoneySavingBank
MoneySavingBank Registered Posts: 143 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Good Afternoon,

Please forgive me if I am asking a silly question. I have got a question here about Anti Money Laundering.

I am registered with AAT for this service. What is the procedure for doing this check with AAT? Is there any time frame that I have to do within this many days after taking my client? Would you kindly show me the right direction please.

Another question, Do I need to check the director's passport if he is eligible to work/business and legally residing in the UK?

Many thanks for reading my post. I really appreciate your help.

Regards,

MSB

Comments

• deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    The AAT do not offer a service, they regulate you for compliance with the rules.

If you want to gain an understanding of the rules then you might want to download this webinar presentation (link) that was sent to me last week.
  • Paul C
    Paul C Registered Posts: 193 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I am registered with AAT for AML and have just received a very big pack in the post. Have you been sent one of these toolkits - its looks very comprehensive and should answer most questions?
  • Rachel
    Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Well our doorbell doesn't work and the postman put ours under the doormat, so I was putting the rubbish out, grabbed my husbands shoes as was the nearest and fell over it! It is a huge file and nearly killed me haha
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    That explains the difference in price between the AAT and the IFA - we are supervised by the IFA for MLR and it's about Β£20 a year cheaper - all we got was a receipt! :lol:
  • Rachel
    Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I don't think I had one last year. I always get excited when I get parcels, this one was a little disapointing but I am grateful for the Christmas present AAT
  • bumblebee
    bumblebee Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Paul C wrote: Β»
    I am registered with AAT for AML and have just received a very big pack in the post. Have you been sent one of these toolkits - its looks very comprehensive and should answer most questions?

i received mine in yesterday's post. Havent had chance to read yet, but it does look very comprehensive. I was very pleased for AAT to have made an effort to post this pack.
  • payrollpro
    payrollpro Registered Posts: 427 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I got mine this morning after I helped the post lady with it and then took her to A & E!

The kids are coming over tomorrow so I'm thinking of getting them to read it and give me a summary by the end of the day. Should keep them quiet, though I suspect I will have to take a trip to A & E myself to have it surgically removed.

"Youth and vitality are no match for age and treachery"
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I received mine in the post this morning despite not being supervised by the AAT for AML!! :lol:
Privacy Policy