Tax

Options
yves
yves Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
Just been handed a new client have been told the year end is October 2010
but tax due end of January first payment can anyone tell me will the tax amount have been worked out already on the previous years accounts and how I will find the figure to be paid please

any help would be appreciated at this late notice

Yves

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Presuming that this is self assessment not a limited company, you will have to get the information from the previous accountant, has the return already been filed? If so get the client on your agent service quick!

Without any more details I can't see how you will work it out
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    If his year end is October, then Oct 09 accounts will be on the 09/10 return. The year ending Oct 10 will be on the 10/11 Return. However, I agree with Bluewednesday that you need to find out what years have been filed and whether they have been filed correctly. I would suggest a letter to the previous accountant and also to get him registered online so that you can check it yourself. Hope that helps.
  • yves
    yves Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Tax

thankyou all for your help

having delved further after initial panic have found some tax figures the last accountant has quoted for payment January 2011 for personal tax return
    and i have an unaudited financial statement for year ended octoer 2009

the fnancial statement does not show a company registration number and not a limited company therefore can anyone confirm if i am correct in thinkng this is an unregistered company and that financial statement are for personal tax assessment

also is it correct procedure to ask the previous accountant for working papers

any thoughts would be much appreciated

yves
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    May I ask if you have any experience in practice? How have you acquired this client?
Privacy Policy