I Phones

Rachel
Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Ok I finally got an I phone for Christmas after a year of hint dropping.

Does anyone use their I Phone for business use?
I think I saw that Kash flow?? had an app where you could produce accounts but I am not 100%. Are there any other accounting packages with apps that anyone has found useful.

I have found a timesheet app which on the first month trial was been useful for hourly charged clients. I have also found spreadsheets/documents.

Thanks

Rachel

Comments

• PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I use mind for home/business. Its good because it'll open spreadsheets, which is enough for me having no desire to work on a spreadsheet on a phone.

Other than that, I haven't used much.
  • wildgoose1uk
    wildgoose1uk Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Both my wife and I use them for our respective businesses and find them indispensible. In face my wife has issued them to all her senior staff!

I have not really used them for accounting programmes, but like PGM says you can open documents and spreadsheets on them. I mainly use it for keeping in touch and research, the push email (as oppesed to Pull email) is indispensible as is the internet.... not to mention the phone aspect.

You can do loads of things at any time withough having to carry a laptop and dongle.

Don't forget that HMRC do not class them as a phone though.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Don't forget that HMRC do not class them as a phone though.

The iPhone not a phone?
  • Rachel
    Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Not by HMRC I think it is classed as a portable computer device??
    Treatment details are on this link http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/paye/exb/a-z/a/assets-available.htm
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Nope, it's a Matrix style device with invisible strands between device and human. iPhone owners don't swtich off their phones, they simply disconnect themselves for a while.

Steve Jobs says you're more connected with the world using his Apple devices.

As Jimmy Carr would reply... "Really?"
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Yep iPhones and BlackBerries are treated as computers for BIK purposes. As long as having the smartphone is essential for work and any private use is minimal there is no BIK.

For self employed people just apportion for private use as you would a normal mobile phone.
Privacy Policy