Finishing Intermediate before New Std's change

jane
jane Registered Posts: 165 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi all

Hope someone can put my mind at ease tonight. I am currently trying to complete two outstanding sims unit 6 & 7 before the Std change, by home study through Kaplan. I am waiting for my mock sim for unit 6 to come back before sending off for the actual simulation, and then I must start looking at Unit 7. I thought I had until the end of June to complete both these units, but someone has just mentioned that their home study (premier) have said they have to get theirs completed by the end of March! ?? Er if this is the case i'm pretty snookered - so am now wondering if I am waisting my time even trying to complete it now. Any input would be appreciated, I am going to phone them first thing 2moro just to clarify, but as I said i'm panicking now!!

Comments

• Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Before you get too worried. There is still an exam session in June.

With skills test a lot will depend on the marking and such, but really, the best thing to do, as you already plan on doing is to call Premier training.

oh and to stop worrying of course!
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    jane wrote: ยป
    Hi all

Hope someone can put my mind at ease tonight. I am currently trying to complete two outstanding sims unit 6 & 7 before the Std change, by home study through Kaplan. I am waiting for my mock sim for unit 6 to come back before sending off for the actual simulation, and then I must start looking at Unit 7. I thought I had until the end of June to complete both these units, but someone has just mentioned that their home study (premier) have said they have to get theirs completed by the end of March! ?? Er if this is the case i'm pretty snookered - so am now wondering if I am waisting my time even trying to complete it now. Any input would be appreciated, I am going to phone them first thing 2moro just to clarify, but as I said i'm panicking now!!

Last Exams in June 2011

but skills tests can be reported until end of December 2011.

Premier may themselves have imposed their own deadline on their students. This is understandable because it is very difficult to keep track of students and to make sure that they are attempting the correct standards assessments.
  • jane
    Thanks guys for your reply's

Have just phoned Kaplan and I have until the end of April to do both of them!!!! Guess I'll be going into hibernation until then - Oh blimey, don't know what to do now, do I go for it hell for leather and see what happens or do I fold in now and do the whole of Intermediate again? :)
  • anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Ive just had an email back from Premier and they said:-
    The deadline for the simulations is now extended to the end of April.
    The cut off point for the AAT is December โ€“ How ever Premier Training need to accommodate all of the students and have everything marked, assessed and reported to the AAT by that time. They also have to account for any students that may fail or need additional questions โ€“ therefore the April deadline has been set in place.
  • anniebabe
    Hi Jane
    Surely if you can get unit 6 ECR passed you dont need to do the whole of level3 again.Havent you already done unit 5 FRA?
    I know that if I dont do the unit 6 sim and pass the exam this time i will have to do spreadsheets, prof ethics and cash management to complete.
  • jane
    Hi Anne

I still have to do Unit 6 and 7 (7 haven't even opened the book up yet!!) - I'm just thinking of the time frame I have thats all. Think i'm just going to go for it and hope and pray I pass both in time, thats all I can do really hey? :) (Thinking possitive) Lol
  • anniebabe
    Yeah just do your best hun, no one can ask any more from you. From what I can remember unit 7 isnt a really big one, you still have time. fingers crossed.
  • emma123
    emma123 Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Is anyone learning sage at the mo?
Privacy Policy