Top Gear hates Mexico

Options
PGM
PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I've been a fan of Top Gear for many years and heard them say many stupid things, but this time I was actually surprised by the racist comments.

I really liked the country and the people so complained here -> https://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/

Comments

• CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    "He's not even a real hamster"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0i0RXMvzMs
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Not sure if it's my old age or sentimentalism but do I remember a long ago time when 'Top Gear' was more about the cars and less about the childish stupidity and fake challenges? Thing is, the peurile presenters thrive off their complaints and infamy and while it continues to be one of the beeb's highest rated programmes, the idiocy will be allowed to continue.

Sad to see this stupidity has also infiltrated 'The Gadget Show'...
  • PGM
    Options
    Not sure if it's my old age or sentimentalism but do I remember a long ago time when 'Top Gear' was more about the cars and less about the childish stupidity and fake challenges? Thing is, the peurile presenters thrive off their complaints and infamy and while it continues to be one of the beeb's highest rated programmes, the idiocy will be allowed to continue.

Sad to see this stupidity has also infiltrated 'The Gadget Show'...

Well said Blobby. I do find myself switching over during parts, and not because I'm offended, but because its got boring. And why are they doing Frankie Boyle material rather than cars....
  • PGM
    Options
    Ok maybe the title was a bit over the top :D

Found it amusing how Jeremy Clarkson said no way hosey to stopping the Mexican jokes, but then they were cut from the American editions!

So Top Gear is edgy, but not quite edgy enough for that?!

Although I wouldn't want to be seen in Mexico City (the worlds most dangerous city), insulting them. That'd be like insulting the asian population here, why bother when you can have the laughs from pop a minority!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Is Mexico City officially the world's most dangerous city? Surely as far as actual crime reports go, I'd imagine there are far more hostile cities who wouldn't even be able to put any stats together whatsoever. Let's send Top Gear there.

Just that they've had the World Cup in Mexico within the last couple of decades and I can't quite see FIFA going to Baghdad or Somalia anytime soon.
  • PGM
    Options
    Apparently it is, according to the paper I read this weekend and their statistics. But they probably didn't count cities in war zones.

A lot of drug cartels in Mexico, it would be nice to see Top Gear there!
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    64zrknm
Privacy Policy