Anyone attending the Gloucester Branch student event tonight?

Sparkly
Sparkly Registered Posts: 139 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Title says it all really!

Comments

• Sparkly
    Was just wondering if I would meet anyone from the forum there to put a face to the name!
  • Claire321
    Claire321 Registered Posts: 209 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I do normally attend some of the Gloucestershire branch events but haven't go round to booking any so far for this year!

What it tonight's meeting about?
  • Sparkly
    Tonights is a student event about Tax (it does say open to anyone). I've not been to any of the events before but thought it would be a good experience. I did the personal tax exam in December so the subject is still fairly fresh in my mind.
  • Claire321
    It's always useful to attend and keep yourself up to date which any changes.

I'm not sure if anyone else from the forum will be attending as they only seems to be a handful of people from Gloucestershire!

Hope you enjoy the meeting
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Wasn't planning to attend. May do If I get the time.

Is it at the Chase hotel in Shurdington and 7pm start?
    Regards,

Burg
  • Sparkly
    Thanks Claire.

Ian - yes, Cheltenham Chase, the one by the carvery! it says 7 for 7.30 on the website. Can't find my booking confirmation so had to locate the branch on here and go down that route to find the info!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'm not going to this one, but I've realised this isn't that much further for me than my 'local' branch which is Oxford. If there's an interesting CPD event on in Glos please shout in advance and I might pop along. :)
  • burg
    Jenni, Here's the list of upcoming events

https://www.aat.org.uk/content/item137865/

Seems like tonight does cover some basic tax planning

Others upcoming seem to be insolvency, Payroll update, VAT update

I see Swindon rarely have anything on. Is Bristol not closer to you though?
    Regards,

Burg
  • Sparkly
    Ian you beat me to it on that one!

Look forward to meeting you if you make it there tonight.

Jenni, I can't believe anyone considers Oxford to be the closest branch to you!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi Ian and thanks

I didn't know there was a Swindon branch, thought my nearest was Oxford. I'm out tonight so can't make it, but will definitely bear it in mind for the future.

Bristol is a horrible place to drive in! I only go there for Ikea ;) and I don't think it's much closer than Oxford.

I'm always getting emails about Oxford branch.....
  • burg
    I full well know about Bristol and Bath for traffic as I studied in both of those cities. Nightmare doesn't really cut it.

Sparkly: Will see you there if I find the time.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Claire321
    Hi Ian and thanks

I didn't know there was a Swindon branch, thought my nearest was Oxford. I'm out tonight so can't make it, but will definitely bear it in mind for the future.

Bristol is a horrible place to drive in! I only go there for Ikea and I don't think it's much closer than Oxford.

I'm always getting emails about Oxford branch.....

Try living in Bristol! I used to not finish work until until 5.30 - 6pm so it was a nightmare to get to any of the Bristol branch meetings by 6.30 with the traffic. Am lucky to finish at 4.30 in this job. But my work is moving from the outskirts or Bristol to near the centre next month :sad:
Privacy Policy