BPP or Kaplan for ACCA

Shimmy khan
Shimmy khan Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
Hi

I'm half way through my Level 4 in AAT and i thought once i finish my exams and everything i will then look into ACCA. But my employer wants me to look into it now. I have been on ACCA and Kaplan websites and I don't know which one to choose. Does anyone go to either of them and if so how would you recommend they are? or what should i be looking for when decideing.

I would most likely be going to a centre in Birmingham and will be part times as i am working full time. Any advise guys???

Would really appreciate it

Comments

• rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    What you need to to look at is which one caters to your needs most...
    look at things such as centres closest to your home/work
    different ways of studying and most importantly to your employer is probably the cost.

Once my unit 10 has been marked i am continuing on to CIMA. My employers are paying for this as well so i looked at the different ways of studying. I am not taking time off of work as i have to much to be trained in, so going to college or uni is not an option of me. I am going to study it by distance learning as this suits me and my employers better.

As for BPP or Kaplan, what i did was e mailed them both, Kaplan replied quickest, were more informative and have been the most helpful and responsive by far so i am choosing them.

hope this helps but at the end of the day it is which training provider suits you more.

regards
    Rach
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I used both and prefered Kaplan.

But I'm sure a lot is down to the luck of who you get assigned to teach you!
  • Shimmy khan
    Shimmy khan Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Thanks ...... heres another question lol.....

hi,

Thank you so much gor responding, much appreciated.

I have looked into both Kaplan and BBP and they seem pretty much the same so i may take your advise and get in touch in peson and see, who meets my needs best. Like you said PGM it what you get and i suppose if it don't like it i can always change in due course

Does anyone here go to the classroom lectures for ACCA. i don't exactly know what they are called but it's the one which is more expensive where you attend a certain amount of lectures , revision dat, etc. I personally feel i should go there because thats how i learn best but unfortunatly the advise i am getting back is i am wasting my money. Unfortunatly i will have to fund this by myself. I'm not on a decen wage but if it helps me then i will go ahead with it. but i just wanted to know what it's like? is it very intense and technical? as i don't want to get lost in lectures where it goes over my head?

Thanks for taking the time for reading :)
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    hi,

Does anyone here go to the classroom lectures for ACCA. i don't exactly know what they are called but it's the one which is more expensive where you attend a certain amount of lectures , revision dat, etc. I personally feel i should go there because thats how i learn best but unfortunatly the advise i am getting back is i am wasting my money. Unfortunatly i will have to fund this by myself. I'm not on a decen wage but if it helps me then i will go ahead with it. but i just wanted to know what it's like? is it very intense and technical? as i don't want to get lost in lectures where it goes over my head?

I use the BPP online classroom which is very good. The condensed class notes, which you would normally only receive if you attended classes, are provided, and you have access to the online tutorials. The benefit here is that if you don't understand something the first time, you can rewind the lecture and listen again! You also have a dedicated tutor that you can contact to resolve any queries.

I would highly recommend this to anyone thinking of studying ACCA.
Privacy Policy