Unit 10 ICAS

Options
rehana
rehana Registered Posts: 61 Regular contributor ⭐
Sorry , yet another unit 10 thread.

I am a little confused with parts of it . So when you write the analysis of the current system would that cover say sales ledger,purchase ledger ,management info and payroll briefly.

The SWOT that would be in the appendix would refer to the entire company, say for example the knowledge of one of the partners or staff wanting to be trained can be a strength.Opprortunities could be new partnerships etc but does the SWOT need to be limited to the accounting function you have chosen to base your report on.

Then when i write in the main body of the report about the weakness and strength and reccommendation, would this only refer to one function of the accounts department say payroll.

Thanks

Comments

• Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I'm not sure if you need a SWOT analysis in the appendix, I would check that with your tutor if I were you.

You write a SWOT analysis for the part of the accounting system that you do the project on. This goes in the main body of the report and will be the base you write the recommendations for.

This is as far as I know and how I've written it, however I think it has slightly changed with the new standards, but I'm not sure about that!
  • rehana
    Options
    Thanks Rinske,
    Page 73 of the osborne book says it must go in the Appendix.But i take it that you do review the full accounting system and then base your reccomendations on an accounting function.
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    First things first.

Is this Unit 10 or ICAS? The two are significantly different.

Secondly, the SWOT analysis is a tool used to evaluate a situation. In the ICAS assessment guidelines it is clearly stated that the SWOT analysis must not be included on the main body of the report but may be included as an Appendix.

You should not use the SWOT analysis on its ow though, try searching for Ernst & Young's Fraud Matrix, Staff Versatility Charts, and even do an analysis of tasks (e.g. purchases ledger, sales ledger) to identify where there may be failings in the existing system (and also helps to identify changes that could be made).

Hope this helps you.

wwz
  • rehana
    Options
    Thanks for the help Welsh Wizard
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I did my SWOT analysis on the full system and included the SWOT analysis as an appendix. I wrote about the weaknesses of all areas in the report then concentrated on the sales ledger for recommendations and cost benefit analysis.
  • rehana
    Options
    Thanks Keane155,

Did you by any chance do ICAS on Cookridge Carpets ?
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    rehana wrote: »
    Thanks Keane155,

Did you by any chance do ICAS on Cookridge Carpets ?

Yes, that's the one I did.
Privacy Policy