Kaplan Financial

Marky Astra
Marky Astra Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor โญ
Hi all,

Has anyone used Kaplan before? ive just signed up with them to do Level 4 and to be honest they sound pretty good, its got me in a positive mood after fluffing my last set of exams, makes a change haha.

Marcus

Comments

• messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I studied with Kaplan (classroom) for lv3, lv4 and currently ACCA.

Never had any problems with them and personal the material is easier to understand than some other providers
  • Marky Astra
    Ye, i went to the an opening day on Saturday just gone, cant believe how much AAT prices have gone up!!
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    They are very expensive but if you have the money then its definately worth it
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi all,

Has anyone used Kaplan before? ive just signed up with them to do Level 4 and to be honest they sound pretty good, its got me in a positive mood after fluffing my last set of exams, makes a change haha.

Marcus

I am with Kaplan as a distance learner and started level 4 with them in October 2010. I havent had any problems they are quick replying with emails and have been very helpful! Which unit are you doing?
  • Marky Astra
    Hiya Becky,

Well i previously studied Level 4 with another college in the old standards, and i didnt do too well in the December exams so i basically started to start the year again on the new standards, the course structure sounds much better and calmer compared to last year, so the layout is to complete all required and 2 optional in 6 months up to September 2011. Optional units i think im going to do Business tax and cash management. Im doing classroom study on a day release so a little bit different to distance learning, i dont know if i could find the motivation for distance learning
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    As provider, Kaplan is a good provider, however if you are a distance learner, depends which tutor you ending up with...in my Level 3 I had a brillant one, instead for Lever 4 tutor was pretty bad...distant and not helpful at all!
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    As provider, Kaplan is a good provider, however if you are a distance learner, depends which tutor you ending up with...in my Level 3 I had a brillant one, instead for Lever 4 tutor was pretty bad...distant and not helpful at all!

Hi just out of interest who is your tutor? I am studying level 4 with Kaplan.
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi just out of interest who is your tutor? I am studying level 4 with Kaplan.

Sorry Becky, I can't name people here (even I'd love too...). I can tell you my previous one was a certain Neil, he was excellent, always available and helpul as much as possible. I wish I did Level 4 with him, but -unfortunately for me - he has been promoted to an higher position and I have been looked after by a person that was the opposite :-(
  • Lee
    Lee Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor โญ
    I am studying level 3 with Kaplan distance learning, I find their material really easy to understand. (it written in a simplified way). Their examples are always step by step. I hope to finish the final unit this coming April. The staff are very helpful.
  • sianisian
    sianisian Registered Posts: 11 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I have studied level 2 and 3 with Kaplan and now studying level 4 with them too. I have never really needed the tutor support, I think I asked all of 2 questions at level 2 and got quick helpful replies. Level 3 I did without any tutor support (other than having my progress tests marked). Level 4 - well, we'll see shall we!
  • donnas1977
    donnas1977 Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I attended classes with Kaplan for Level 2 and just about completed level 3 . I found them very good and the revision weekends they ran certainly helped ahead of exams.
Privacy Policy