sage - unit 10

Options
Emilie
Emilie Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
Hiya ppl,

I know this is going to sound so stupid but my brain has packed in on me. Im doing my unit 10.

I have done my cost for the purchase of sage and labour hours needed to implemnet.

I am having trouble thinking of the benefits of using sage against a manual spreadsheet.

Help please

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    You've done the hardest bit, just think what can go wrong with spreadsheets, think reporting requirements, think validation, think back ups

does that give you something to start on?
  • Nikdoug
    Nikdoug Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I had this problem. I found identifying the benefits ok, but putting a monetary value on them was a bit more difficult.

Think of a process such such as entering payments from Customers. Manually this needs to entered into the day books and then also against the individual customer account. Sage combines this saving X number of hours at X number of £'s. This is a benefit. Although the business won't physically save £X (unless they cut hours worked) it does indicate a saving that can be put to use elsewhere.

Hope this helps.

Nick
  • sama
    sama Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I was just doing the same thing, recommending Sage to replace the old inefficient system. Thanks for the help, and the perfect timing of it
Privacy Policy