Fax to Email Service

Sue
Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I have recently started to be asked for my fax number quite a lot, but as I don't have a fax (or not one that will receive a fax automatically) I always ask for information to be emailed or posted.

I was wondering whether anyone could recommend a good Fax to Email company?

Thanks

Sue

Comments

• burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    I have been using faxtastic for the last two years without problem.

They have a free (to receive) option subject to minimum usage or from £10 per year. You then buy credits for sending.

As with most it works best if you have a good scanner and can scan to PDF. Sending / receiving can be from multiple email addresses.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Sue
    Hi Ian

Thanks, that looks exactly what I am looking for.

I have tried the demonstration which worked fine, so I just need to decide which option to go with.

Thanks

Sue
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Personally I went with the £10 a year option as although it is an 0871 number and charges those sending emails it was that fact that attracted me. I prefer emails so this meant I could discourage those from sending me faxes.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Sue
    That was the option I was thinking of as well, there does not seem any point in paying an extra £20.00 plus VAT per year.
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I use efax.com but only because they took over my previous provider (pumafax). They have a habit of buying up competitors so faxtastic may be next!

I used to have an 0870 number but clients hated it and thought I was trying to profit from people faxing me (those that were brave enough to even tell me). I would go for a local number - much more professional.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I've managed to be fax-resistant so far. The only time it rears its ugly head is when banks want mortgage references. And occasionally HMRC.

I find it ironic that they accept faxes but not emails citing security risks with email - yet faxes are often emails these days anyway. Does anyone know if email2fax is more secure in transmission than a physical fax machine?!

I did look at faxes a while ago and looked at faxtastic. Realistically I would send more faxes than I received [to banks and HMRC] and, as such, would opt for a cheap service with an 087* number. I can't remember the last time a client wanted to fax me, which is good! :)

If I got faxtastic or similar, I wouldn't give out my fax number, only supply it if asked.
  • Sue
    Hi Dean

Thanks, I will have a look at efax.com as well. I don't appear to be able to access their website at the moment, so will try later.

Sue
Privacy Policy