Coming to an end - searching for a job

sazrah
sazrah Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
I am just coming up to the end of AAT, will be taking my final exam in June, after studying on an evening in my own time for 4 years :D.

The problem is I've been trying to find a job in the finance sector but finding jobs are scarce at the moment. My current job isn't really finance related. My hopes were to find a job whilst studying AAT and then take my studies further and I'm absolutely gutted that I'm not coming up with anything. I've worked so hard and spent a lot of money putting myself through college.

What I really would like to know is where other members/students would recommend looking for decent jobs? I've been using the job centre website but as I mentioned before I'm not finding anything and as there are a lot of job websites out there I am a bit dubious about which ones to use.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• Nikdoug
    Nikdoug Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    You could try sending letters to all the accountancy practices or any other business with a finance dept around you. This shows some initiative and they may also keep you in mind for future vacancies if none are available right now. Prepare yourself for some "thanks but no thanks" letters or even no replies at all, however you never know. Worth a shot.

Nick
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I would agree about sending letters to Accountants either big companies or small companies. This is what i done and rung round quite a few and finally got someone who offered me a job, perfect hours that fit round my family and my employer has helped with the cost for my studying. I have now been there nearly 3 years, so yes definitely do it you never know! :)
  • sazrah
    sazrah Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Thanks for your responses. I will give this a go. I am prepared for the ''thanks but no thanks'' letters as up here I think accountancy practices etc are struggling for work as it is.
Privacy Policy