Studying with AAT not ACCA

datkins91
datkins91 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
I have just begun my studies with AAT doing classroom courses and was wondering if this was the best choice. Beforehand I was an ACCA student studying from home and just couldn't find the discipline to sit down and study for it. Having no previous accounting experience/accounting knowledge whatsoever, is AAT the better choice? I also decided to choose it because I would be qualified faster, have a specific status, and potentially land an accounting job faster.

Also, what do people make of the online classrooms against the real classes WITH online classes and content too? I've just viewed one of the online lectures and the lecturer is much clearer and can go through the content at a better pace, as opposed to my classroom teacher. I was wondering what you thought the advantages of having the real classes have over JUST doing online lectures? I'm wondering what seems to be the point in paying a fair bit extra for something you have online already, and potentially even better.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• sampson
    sampson Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
    From an employers point of view, studying for the acca holds a lot more weight than studying for the aat, sad but true. However, I probably would have been out of my depth going straight into the acca first, so I'm happy with my choice.

Where are you getting the video lectures from? Really wish I could fast forward and rewind my lecturer sometimes, probably why I'll be doing distance studying next year.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello

For me personally, a real class gives me a chance to interact with other students and to ask the tutor any questions I may have immediately and receive an explanation there and then. I know I can interact with and ask other students/tutors/MIPs etc. questions here and receive very helpful responses.

I also think attending a class ensures I study at least one day of the week so is also a discipline/motivation factor.

It may be worth looking into the different tuition providers and find one who provides online lectures to recap what you cover in class. I guess that ultimately it is down to each individual's preference.

Best wishes.

JC

datkins91 wrote: »
    I was wondering what you thought the advantages of having
    the real classes have over JUST doing online lectures? I'm wondering what seems to be the point in paying a fair bit extra for something you have online already, and potentially even better.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I have to agree with Jo, I tried doing the AAT a few years back doing home study and failed, now I am doing it one day a week at college, and it is good to have that support network. We have even set ourselves a site on facebook so we can banter back and forth questions, discuss forth coming exams and basically support each other.
    I am finding it a lot better this way and for me it was cheaper.

Good luck with the course

Jan
Privacy Policy