Advice please

Options
beckybooks
beckybooks Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hi
I have been trying to find what an AAT member in practice is qualified to do. Can they complete year-ends, tax returns, etc? I've been trying to plan my furture study route, as I have been a self-employed bookkeeper (with IAB) for a while now, but find myself wanting to progress further.
Cheers

Comments

• Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    It totally depends on your experience. There is no easy answer to what AAT MIP's are allowed to do, as it will depend on your work experience.

In general, you can do everything except audits, as long as you have the experience to back it up.
  • beckybooks
    beckybooks Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Thanks, someone told me from an AAT learning provider that through the AAT I would only be able to prepare financial statements, so I just wanted to check if there were any limits on what you are allowed to do eventually.
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    As stated you can gain a practising certificate in all areas apart from audit and insolvency work.

The issuing of a certificate is however based on your areas of practical experience as well as theory so you need to really gain some experience working in a practice first.
    Regards,

Burg
Privacy Policy