Long Distance Learning and Software

Daniel E
Daniel E Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi there,

I've just finished the certificate level with BPP via long distance learning and am looking to move onto Level 3 now. I'm not sure about continuing with BPP however. The support they provide in terms of Accounting Software is very poor. All they do is refer you to a 3rd party website which provides a programme that only lasts for 3 months and isn't compatible with some systems. I've never actually used Sage even though there's an entire unit in the text books that refers to it.

Are there any better providers for long distance learning when it comes to accounting software?

Many Thanks

Comments

• valentino46
    valentino46 Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Daniel,

Im with premier training and also long distance learning, i think youll find that most distance learning colleges use a temporary sage disc, lasting 180 days or 3 months. they are mainly for you to train on and acquire the necessary skills to sit the skills test or exam. The full working sage package costs hundreds whereas the training disc is generllay free.

rob
  • zara5034
    zara5034 Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    The Home Learning College provide a full version of Sage Instant Accounts, however they are about four times the price of any other provider and do not provide a very good service so I wouldn't recommend them in a million years, you'd be better off just buying sage instant accounts which you can get for about £100
  • Daniel E
    Hi Daniel,

Im with premier training and also long distance learning, i think youll find that most distance learning colleges use a temporary sage disc, lasting 180 days or 3 months. they are mainly for you to train on and acquire the necessary skills to sit the skills test or exam. The full working sage package costs hundreds whereas the training disc is generllay free.

rob

With BPP they didn't even provide a disk and the programme they directed me to wasn't Sage. Which Level are you doing valentino?
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Daniel E wrote: »
    Hi there,

I've just finished the certificate level with BPP via long distance learning and am looking to move onto Level 3 now. I'm not sure about continuing with BPP however. The support they provide in terms of Accounting Software is very poor. All they do is refer you to a 3rd party website which provides a programme that only lasts for 3 months and isn't compatible with some systems. I've never actually used Sage even though there's an entire unit in the text books that refers to it.

Are there any better providers for long distance learning when it comes to accounting software?

Many Thanks

It's only Level 2 that needs a accounting software so it doesn't matter who you go with now as you won't need it at any other level.
  • Daniel E
    Would there be any way for me to get a Sage practice disk on it's own separately from the whole package?
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Daniel

Try this link http://www.sage.co.uk/software_and_services/test_drive_our_software.aspx

Want to try our software before you buy?
    Take our software for a spin
    Our TestDrive feature lets you take our software for a spin without the need for huge downloads and complicated installations

You may find that you can trial Sage from here.

Hope this helps.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy