Spreadsheet Software Extra Examples

sharumba
sharumba Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi there,

I've booked the exam for a couple of weeks but was just looking for extra examples/revision/tests for the spreadsheet software.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Shaun

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Shaun

Who are you studying with? Have you completed all the tasks in your study material?

I'd also highly recommend that you download the AAT sample paper (Muddlestone) and complete this if you have not yet done so.

Good luck for your sitting of SPSW.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • sharumba
    Hi Jo,

I am studying with bpp and have completed tasks in material. Also completed muddlestone which happened to be the assessment at the end of workbook. Thanks for the info though.

Looking for a bit more practice just to make sure!!!

Shaun
  • Jo Clark
    Hello Shaun

I think if you have completed the tasks in the material and the Muddlestone assessment then you are well placed to sit the CBP. You could, if you haven't already, work through these again to ensure you are really comfortable with the application of various functions and the manipulation of data in spreadsheets. You may also like to contact your tutor/assessor to ask them if they can suggest any further practice tasks.

Fortunately for me, I use Excel daily and had also studied the advanced ECDL which helped me with this module. Do you use Excel for work or perhaps at home? Just an idea but maybe you could try creating your own spreadsheets at home for a budget e.g. income and expenditure, you could then produce graphs using this data (depending how you set it up) practice the various lookups by making up/using your own data and performing various lookups for various items, conditional formatting cells etc. etc. the list goes on and on!

You mention that you are studying with BPP - I'm not sure of your arrangement with them but you may find, if you have not already done so, that there is a forum for SPSW where your tutor/assessor will have been posting helpful messages. This forum allows you to interact with them and other students who are studying SPSW at the same time as you.

Feel free to ask me and other students anymore questions but do contact your tutor :) and do go checkout the SPSW forum with BPP - I hope you have access to it.

All the best.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • sharumba
    I must admit i'm feeling fairly confident as use excel daily like yourself. I suppose the only thing i could practice is "vlookup" which i will rework through my workbook and practice at work.

I have posted on the BPP Forum requesting any more assessments to my tutor and see what comes back.

Thanks for the help, now just got to wait until 29th March now.

Fingers Crossed

shaun
  • Jo Clark
    Hi Shaun

Glad to have helped. Good luck for the 29 March - do come back and let us know how you get on.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy