Striking off

Options
JodieR
JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
I am right in thinking that a company which has never traded can be struck off without outstanding annual returns/dormant accounts being submitted aren't I?

Comments

• groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Yes, just need to apply to strike off and pay £10 filing fee, although HMRC may object if they believe accounts are due!
  • JodieR
    Options
    thanks, i thought so!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    groundy wrote: »
    Yes, just need to apply to strike off and pay £10 filing fee, although HMRC may object if they believe accounts are due!

Chances of them actually noticing? About 5%.......

Just submit the DS01 and pay your tenner, job done :)
  • JodieR
    Options
    I get the impression that the client has informed HMRC that the company's never traded and thought that that was everything she needed to do - it's only now she's got a request off Companies House for an annual return that it's come to light that the company lives on... a lovely example of why the advice down the pub isn't always the best... 'my mate told me that even though I was just going to trade as a sole trader I needed to register with Companies House to be able to use my trading name'. *where's-the-rolling-eyes-smiley*
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    JodieR wrote: »
    I get the impression that the client has informed HMRC that the company's never traded and thought that that was everything she needed to do - it's only now she's got a request off Companies House for an annual return that it's come to light that the company lives on... a lovely example of why the advice down the pub isn't always the best... 'my mate told me that even though I was just going to trade as a sole trader I needed to register with Companies House to be able to use my trading name'. *where's-the-rolling-eyes-smiley*

Here it is: :rolleyes:

Yeah, good ole man down t'pub!!
Privacy Policy