sage back up

Options
emma123
emma123 Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Hey everyone. I'm tryin to back up the data on my practice test. I went to File > Back up > then selected the program to save the data onto - tried both a cd and my memory stick. Both times it's telling me it's been saved but when I go to open the cd/stick it won't allow me to open it. Anyone know why this could be or what I should be doing instead? Is there a diff backing up procedure for windows7 does anyone know?? Ah I'm stressed!

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    You could try backing up to a location on your hard drive and then manually transferring the file to CD/USB stick.
  • emma123
    Options
    Yeh moonsoon I tried that too - it still says that it won't open. What program am I supposed to open it with?
  • Monsoon
    Options
    Ah, I misunderstood your problem. You can't open the backup file itself.

You can only open a backup with Sage, by the means of using File>Restore and then choosing the backup file. This will overwrite the active data in that version of Sage with the content of the backup file.

Obviously you don't want to restore from backup unless you are sure you want to overwrite the existing data in the open file.
  • emma123
    Options
    oh s***!! I wonder if I have mucked up my data bcos I tried on more than one occassion to back up! I feel really stupid now!
  • Monsoon
    Options
    If you have backed up but not restored, you should not have damaged anything on that machine. You can back up as much as you like (and the more the better, i do it every time i use Sage). It is only when you restore that you wipe the existing data to the back up file you choose.
  • emma123
    Options
    Thanks very much moonsoon for all your help. At least now I'll be able to sleep tonight lol
  • Monsoon
    Options
    No worries, hope you manage to work it out and your data is ok :)
Privacy Policy