Witness testimony/authentication statement required

Options
gosia79
gosia79 Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor ⭐
I've passed all the exams a long time ago but I was struggling with Unit 10 (no surprise). I've almost given up the hope that I will be able to finish it :(. I didn't even know where to start and it took me a year to finally overcome my mental block and write it. I based my report on a study case from Kaplan.
I sent my report 2 weeks ago but it was sent back to me as there was a couple of things missing from the checklist. One of them is a witness testimony/authentication statement. I am going to ask my manager/supervisor to sign it for me but I have no idea how to word it, especially that it's a study case and it's not related to my work.
Any chance someone was in a similar situation and found out how this statement should look like?

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    gosia79 wrote: »
    I've passed all the exams a long time ago but I was struggling with Unit 10 (no surprise). I've almost given up the hope that I will be able to finish it :(. I didn't even know where to start and it took me a year to finally overcome my mental block and write it. I based my report on a study case from Kaplan.
    I sent my report 2 weeks ago but it was sent back to me as there was a couple of things missing from the checklist. One of them is a witness testimony/authentication statement. I am going to ask my manager/supervisor to sign it for me but I have no idea how to word it, especially that it's a study case and it's not related to my work.
    Any chance someone was in a similar situation and found out how this statement should look like?

Usually when you base it on a case study your assessor will authenticate it but they need to have seen drafts along the way so that they can be sure it's your own work. If you've just sent it in fully complete they probably won't be willing to do that.
  • gosia79
    gosia79 Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Thanks cojee.
    The copy of the project I've sent was a draft (it wasn't the final version altough it was complete and I hoped I've covered all the requirements). I've sent it with the project planning form (this hasn't been sent back to me). I thought they will let me know if there is something missing, if I should add something to the actual report. Instead, I've received a list of amendments/things to do before they can assess the project (missing signed forms, witness testimony, signed and dated checklist, paragraph numbering) and a note that the project won't be assessd until I submit all the missing paperwork.
    I am now confused.
    I don't know who the assesor is (I do it via distance learning), I thought the witness statement should be signed by my mentor/manager. My usual contact from Kaplan has left, I've forwarded my email to the distance learning team but still haven't received a reply. :(
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    gosia79 wrote: »
    Thanks cojee.
    The copy of the project I've sent was a draft (it wasn't the final version altough it was complete and I hoped I've covered all the requirements). I've sent it with the project planning form (this hasn't been sent back to me). I thought they will let me know if there is something missing, if I should add something to the actual report. Instead, I've received a list of amendments/things to do before they can assess the project (missing signed forms, witness testimony, signed and dated checklist, paragraph numbering) and a note that the project won't be assessd until I submit all the missing paperwork.
    I am now confused.
    I don't know who the assesor is (I do it via distance learning), I thought the witness statement should be signed by my mentor/manager. My usual contact from Kaplan has left, I've forwarded my email to the distance learning team but still haven't received a reply. :(

Can't help you there I'm afraid, a good distance learning provider should give you a named contact to deal with.
Privacy Policy