Questions regarding partially completed AAT Foundation

Options
Almajo
Almajo Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Last year I studied AAT Level 2 at a local college. I passed all of the accounting skills tests and the exam with relative ease but didn't manage to complete the Health and Safety or Personal Effectiveness papers. Does anybody know what I would do with regards to completing those papers and continuing to a Level 3? It's quite frustrating having completed the fairly simple accounting exam and then getting caught up on Personal Effectiveness!

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hello

I think you will need to do these alongside your level 3 studies. It would be worth you contacting the college or training provider to seek clarification from them or have a look on the AAT website yourself. There is a document regarding the transition from old to new standards and I am sure you will find the answer in there.

Hope this helps.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hello

I also meant to say - between now and June 2011 you have the choice of continuing on the old qualification or transferring to the new.

I think this means that you could do the Health and Safety and Personal Effectiveness under the old qualification but this must be completed by June. If you transfer to the new qualification I think you may need to do additional units. I am sure your training provider, the AAT or another forum user will be able to confirm and/or correct what I have said.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    If i have read this correctly, you havent yet fully completed unit 32 - the accounting and work skills unit.

Therefore you will need to try and find a provider who will still let you complete the final part of the unit, or you will have to take additional top up for Basic Costing, the Working Affectively in accounting and finance unit, and do a computer based project.

I'm sure some distance learning providers will still be offering packages. Be warned though the deadline will be tight with only three months to go till the swap over.

Here is the link to the BPP new standards change over thing

- http://www.bpp.com/courses/examination-courses/accounting--finance/aat/aat-new-standards/aat-2010-interactive-guide.aspx
  • GinnyBee
    GinnyBee Registered, Tutor Posts: 131 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Almajo wrote: ยป
    Last year I studied AAT Level 2 at a local college. I passed all of the accounting skills tests and the exam with relative ease but didn't manage to complete the Health and Safety or Personal Effectiveness papers. Does anybody know what I would do with regards to completing those papers and continuing to a Level 3? It's quite frustrating having completed the fairly simple accounting exam and then getting caught up on Personal Effectiveness!

Thanks guys.

Give Student services a call. They will be able to tell you exactly what you need to do. They are very helpful and friendly. Because the qualification is changing there might be specific cross over advice (sorry no idea what that might be!).

I did have a similar thing when I went from Intermediate to Technician (now level 3 to 4) as the syllabus changed. My college told me I had to redo the whole of Intermediate under the new rules, even though I only had the health and safety unit to do. Student services were able to tell me I could get my health and safety project verified under the old and new standards as long as I did a slightly longer project. They also sent an email to my college about exactly what needed doing.

I highly recommend the Student services team from experience!!! :)
Privacy Policy