awatson86
awatson86 Registered Posts: 60 Regular contributor ⭐
Does anyone have any past skills tests for unit 32 ethics? Thanks

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hello

I don't have any past skills tests for unit 32 as I have been studying under the new QCF diploma route. However, there are some excellent resources on the AAT website.

Try the following - they are great fun to work through and really make you think about the issues involved.

https://www.aat.org.uk/myaat/content/item2500/ You will need to access using your MyAAT login. This link will also allow you to link/download the AAT Guidance on Professional Ethics.

This link https://www.aat.org.uk/myaat/content/item12696/ will give you access to four lectures, a quiz and a case study review.

Hope the above helps.

Best wishes.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • awatson86
    Options
    Thanks for your help
  • Budgie
    Budgie Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Which textbook are you using? I have Kaplan books for my other units, but BPP for Unit 32. The BPP course companion for Unit 32 contains simulation papers, which are very helpful. I also highly recommend the BPP Passcards for this unit, they really helped me to pass this unit. Hope it goes well for you :)
  • awatson86
    Options
    The book I am using for this unit is Osborne. I have used Kaplan for all my other units. In the BPP book, does it give you the answers to practice sims too? Thanks
  • Budgie
    Options
    awatson86 wrote: »
    The book I am using for this unit is Osborne. I have used Kaplan for all my other units. In the BPP book, does it give you the answers to practice sims too? Thanks

Hiya, yes actually having looked at it, it just has one practise simulation, but with detailed answers. It also has a comprehensive set of questions for each chapter, also with detailed answers. The book is 'Combined Companion', which is the combined study text and revision companion. It was good, as was the passcards.
  • awatson86
    Options
    Thanks again. What is the pass mark again for the simulations?
  • Budgie
    Options
    I don't know the pass mark, but I don't think the AAT make it public anyway. I'm not sure why the mystery, but maybe they have a good reason for it.
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Budgie wrote: »
    I don't know the pass mark, but I don't think the AAT make it public anyway. I'm not sure why the mystery, but maybe they have a good reason for it.

There isn't a pass mark for assessments, you have to be 100% correct after allowing for allowable errors. Within the marking scheme there are a certain number and type of errors that can be allowed. For example on the cash flow forecast in Unit 15 you may be allowed to make 4 errors and still be deemed competent on that task. In Unit 32 there aren't any allowable errors so you have to make all the points that are in the suggested answer.

If you get every task right then you pass the assessment.

If you get 80% or more of the tasks right you need to answer some additional questions to prove competence.

If you get less than 80% then you need to re sit the whole paper.
Privacy Policy