ECR Exam

sharumba
sharumba Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi there,

Just a bit curious!!! I have a colleague at work who has sit the ECR CBE at one of bpp study centres and passed, but he also has to do a skills assessment which seems unusual.

I believe this was the old standards and is this correct?

With the new standards is it both or just the CBE.

Thanks

Shaun

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Shaun

I believe that the ECR exam and skills tests are old standards. The equivalent under the new standards is a CBA for Costs and Revenues which you are allocated 2 1/2 hours to complete.

Hope this helps.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • sharumba
    Phew!!!!

Thats a great deal off my mind. The chap was saying the skills test is a nightmare and i'd have to do it as well as CBE.

Thanks for the info Jo!
  • emma123
    emma123 Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    The new modules sound a nightmare in general!
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    The new modules are great in my opinion but I can see that they may not suit all students.

I studied foundation level several years ago so know what it is like to complete skills tests and then sit a three hour exam testing the entire syllabus after what was an academic year of study for me. Under the new arrangements, there are no skills tests that I know of, you study a module and then sit the exam (vary time lengths) and can sit them as and when you are ready - I think that is great! I am sure other people will have differing views to me :)

I can understand how students who are part way through a level feel if they are required to transfer to the new standards and are needing to sit extra CBAs.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • sharumba
    I must admit i do prefer the CBE's. Obviously personal preference and also if the same as last unit 30 i took then you are told as to whether you have passed or not when you take the CBE rather than having to wait 2 weeks for the skills test to be assessed.

Shaun
Privacy Policy