Employer NICs

Gill Gittings
Gill Gittings Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hello I'm having a blonde moment again :)
In Ltd co accounts does employers national insurance on directors salaries get included in remuneration? My manager has asked me to move it into remuneration but I've always included it seperately.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I always include it in the employers ni account, not the directors reumeration. I dunno if that's right but its logical to me!
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor 🐘
    You should not include employers' NIC on directors remuneration within directors remuneration because this will distort the disclosure note that is required in the notes to the accounts (presuming you are using computerised accounts production software). Only remuneration and benefits should be included and as the director derives no benefit from employers' NICs it should not be included, but disclosed separately directly underneath directors' remuneration.

You should therefore stick to your guns, Gill.

Best wishes
    Steve
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    With Steve on this. It should definitely be disclosed separately as employers ni.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Thanks Steve and Ian, glad to hear it!
  • Gill Gittings
    Gill Gittings Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Awww thanks guys.

At least I know I'm not completely thick!

xx :)
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    It's entirely up to the company where this is disclosed in the detailed profit and loss account.

It should not be included in the statutory directors remuneration note as mentioned above.
Privacy Policy