P45 - Previous Tax Year

Options
NeilH
NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi

Been a while since I dealt with this, so need some clarification.

We had an employee start in March without a P45, completed a P46 - all fine. The employee has now provided a P45 in the new tax year, from the job they left in the old tax year. Am I correct in thinking I can't use this code and should await a coding notice from HMRC?

Thanks in advance

Neil

Comments

• payrollpro
    payrollpro Registered Posts: 427 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Neil,

Have a quick look at booklet E12, Rates and Limits. This tells you what to do with an old P45. The fact that you have filed a P46 isn't relevant and since they have started you can use the code and uplift it as long as there is nothing unusual about the figures on the P45.

File the P45 on line in the normal way and HMRC will substitute the new information for the assumptions made in the P46 and act accordingly. If there is a problem you'll soon hear about it.

Payrollpro
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for the reply. The P45 is fine, the only thing that really stood out was the BR code.

Neil
  • Tasha
    Tasha Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Sage Payroll Query

Hi all
    Please can somebody give me some advice regarding a friend who i am trying to help with their sage payroll that has gone into wk 53, he had a disagreement with the last person who done the accounts and payroll so no P60 has been done for last year. He has paid a estimated figure to HMRC. What can i do to correct this? The business is a social club with about 10 staff in total.

Many Thanks in advance
    Natasha
  • payrollpro
    payrollpro Registered Posts: 427 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Natasha,

You need to give us more detail here. Why, for example has payroll gone into Week 53? Presumably they paid an estimated value for the final payment on 19 April, but there is only a few weeks to go for the return.

What is the dispute about?

Payrollpro
Privacy Policy