Indirect Tax Computer Based Assessments

tillytots
tillytots Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
Hi

Does anyone have any idea of the dates for the computer based assessments in Cambridge for Indirect Tax for the forth coming months, have contacted customer services and am still waiting a reply.

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hello Tillytots

Where are you sitting the exam? Have you checked the website of where you go to see if the dates are available on there? I book my exams online and when I select the CBA I would like to sit it presents me with dates available - do you book your exams on a similar system?

Hope you find the dates soon.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • tillytots
    Indirect Tax

Do you book online through AAT or BPP.

Having trouble trying to find any practice revision apart from one CBA. Please help!!!
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    You do it through your learning provider rather than AAT. However BPP didn't have any centres near me so I did it through a local accountancy course provider. If you aren't near a BPP centre, (I assume you are with them?) then look at colleges near you and ask them if they will let you sit it there?

Good Luck

B x
  • Focus888
    Focus888 Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor ⭐
    Sorry to crash your thread but can i ask people who have taken this exam did you find it easy or hard? is it anything like the practice CBA on the aat site? what did you use to help revise? thanks x
  • tillytots
    Hi I am having the same trouble, not alot to revise with. I have practised the CBA but thats all I could find.
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Me too, and I have the exam this morning!
    I found the HMRC vat website, and also the Business Link website really helpful for explaining some of the information.
    I am using the Osborne book, their assessment is the same as the AAT practice one, and I've done it so many times, I recognise the figures. My tutor lent me another book of questions, which were quite tricky, then when I had done the whole book, explained that they were harder than the exam should be! I'm worried that I'll use the current vat rate, which I use all day at work, instead of the old rate which will be used in the exam - I think its bizarre that they haven't changed the rate for the exams.
    Good luck everyone, and I'll report back later.
    GP
  • Focus888
    Focus888 Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor ⭐
    Good luck guinea pig!! do let us know how you found it x
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I passed! (not all of the class did, but we have only spent 3 weeks on this unit) The format was very similar to the practice CBA, and you need to use the links provided to the online reference material, so its a good idea to make sure that you are familiar with this. There were a few obscure questions, that I don't remembering covering, which needed some logical thought to sort.
    Are you taking the exam soon?
    Good luck,
    GP
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hey, well done!! Another one out the way!

Congratulations!
    x
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hey GP

Congratulations.... :D
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • jojo1979
    jojo1979 Registered Posts: 75 Regular contributor ⭐
    Congratualtions GP

Jox