New professional ethics

amyjayne27
amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hey all,

I am doing intermediate and have completed Unit 5 FRA and Unit 32 Professional Ethics under the old standards. Unfortunately my tutor didn't tell me that Unit 32 doesn't count towards anything on the new standards which is really annoying, it means I have only completed one unit! Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has seen both professional ethics exams on both the old standards and the new standards and how similar they are?

Also has anyone done the spreadsheet under the new standards?

Many thanks

Comments

• awatson86
    awatson86 Registered Posts: 60 Regular contributor ⭐
    amyjayne27 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I am doing intermediate and have completed Unit 5 FRA and Unit 32 Professional Ethics under the old standards. Unfortunately my tutor didn't tell me that Unit 32 doesn't count towards anything on the new standards which is really annoying, it means I have only completed one unit! Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has seen both professional ethics exams on both the old standards and the new standards and how similar they are?

Also has anyone done the spreadsheet under the new standards?

Many thanks

Unit 32 ethics simulation should give you an exemption of the ethics unit under the new QCF standards I believe and I have been told. Does anyone else know this?
  • amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    hi awatson,

I may be wrong but as far as I am aware the Professional Ethics under the old standards doesn't count towards anything on the new standards, I found this on the bpp site where you can enter in what units you've done on the old standards and it will tell you what you will have to do on the new. By all means correct me on this though, I hope I am wrong!

Many thanks,

Amy
  • wannabebean
    wannabebean Registered Posts: 72 Regular contributor ⭐
    Pro Ethics

I wouldn't stress it.

I sat both Indirect Tax and Professional Ethics on the same day. Reason? Professional Ethics is really very straightforward.
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Professional ethics old standards does not count on the new pathway, unless you had completed level 3 and are on level 4 in which case you dont need to redo it.
    The new exams is much easier and staightforward than the old.
Privacy Policy