Advice on transferring to new standards

Sparkly
Sparkly Registered Posts: 139 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Hi All,

I had hoped to complete my AAT qualification before the changeover but due to circumstances am now unlikely to do so. Although I have had my unit 10 project proposal accepted, and been working on the individual sections, my assessor has advised me to transfer to the new standards as they don't think i will get it finished in time. I was hoping to get my unit 17 (Audit) skills test done in the next couple of weeks - the guidance provided by my learning provider (I'm a distance learner) states I have until the end of this month to sit the assessment.

So, my question - does anyone one of a comprehensive guide anywhere out there which will show me what units I will be credited for on the new standards by the work I have already done, and any additional work I will need to do? I know my first point of questioning is my learning provider but I am awaiting a response from them and appreciate this is a very busy time for them. I am concerned that by not meeting the deadline I will now have to do more work than the two units I had outstanding on the old standards. I've already done a google search but not come up with what i'm after!

I'm on the diploma route and have completed:
units 30, 31, 5, 6, 15, 11, 33 19 & 32 (- hopefully -this is pending the additional questions!)

I hope I have made sense with this!

Kelly

Comments

• BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    Have you seen this? I'm not sure if it will help or not, but worth a shot.

http://www.bpp.com/courses/examination-courses/accounting--finance/aat/old-standards/transition-guide.aspx

Good Luck

B x
  • pirate
    pirate Registered Posts: 469 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Sparkly
    sounds a bit like me
    I am doing my project (unit10) under the new pathway

If you have completed all of your Level 3 which sounds like you have, bar an additional question - Unit 5, 6, 15, 31 and 32 then you will have completed level 3.
    I am waiting for results from some of my units before transferring over.

If you have completed level 3 then the units at level 4 are identical to how they are now
    There is Budgeting, financial performance, financial statements and the project
    Optional are Credit Management and Control, Personal Tax, business Tax and External auditing for which you need to have 2.
    So Unit 33 is the equivalent of Budgeting and Financial performance (two in 1 was always 2 for NVQ), unit 11 is the equivilent of financial statements, Unit 19 is Personal Tax.
    Since you have already got Unit 15 - Credit Management and Control and Unit 19 - you already have - 2 of the optional units from Level 4.
    Which would just leave the project which is slightly easier as you can submit it online.
    So wait until you have definitely got your level 3 then move over, you proably won't need to do auditing, but since you have studied it may be worthwhile
    I have got 3 of the optional units since I already did Unit 15, Unit 18 and unit 19
    HTH
  • Sparkly
    Thanks Pirate, thats not sounding too bad. I have another question regarding your reply, does unit 15 not count towards level 3 on the new standards then, so i would just move it to level 4?
    Sounds like we are both close to reaching the end :)
  • Sparkly
    Thanks also BeccaLou, I did take a look at the guide but it didn't quite give em what I was after.
  • pirate
    sparkly,

think Unit 15 does allow you to complete Level 3 which is what you need to do otherwise you will have to do Professional Ethics and Spreadsheets if you dont complete Level 3 under the old standards.

So once you have completed them you will have Level 3

so now you are ready for Level 4, now as I understand it from seeing it on this forum and talking to the AAT (can't find the thread was a while ago now around July I think) I was told that I would only need 1 optional extra to do at Level 4 as I would have Unit 15 but I had already done PTC and BTC last June I didn't worry about it.

The most important thing for you to do now before June is to ensure you have all the bits to pass Level 3

Then you can convert over to Level 4.
    I dont think anything you have done for the project will be wasted in terms of study etc.

HTH
  • pirate
    This is the thread that is similar
    and talks about having finished Level 3 on Diploma route and having done unit 15
    and converted to new standards that only 1 additional optional extra subject is required

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=28516
  • Sparkly
    Thanks Pirate,

I recveived a response from my learning provider today, which backs up what you told me :)

If I am successful on my additional questions for unit 32, I will have copmpleted level 3, then if I transfer to the new standards it will jsut be the project to complete - hooray! It appears the project is on online classroom course over 8 weeks, so hopefully I will get more guidance with it than I had been getting so far. I've been told that the June intake is full so am guessing I'll have to wait until September.

Fingers crossed for getting the additional questions right - no pressure then!
  • pirate
    Sparkly

fingers crossed, when will you here.

I am swapping onto the Project in July, I can't do it now because my learning provider is up to neck in finishing old standards so not taking on any more until July. I am a distance learner.

Let us know how you get on with the additional questions, I am waiting for mine to be marked, no idea how I did, I just know there was an awful lot of really similar stuff and I wrote non stop for the full time, my hand was killing me afterwards.
  • Sparkly
    Well, I've done the additional questions, now just have to wait to find out how I did!

The one wasn't too bad, the other was pretty much exactly the same as one that was in the original assessment - and I struggled with it then! I'd discussed it with my manager after the assessment and she couldn't believe there was such a question, so when I got set it again she was quite amused!

I'll let you know when I get my result!
  • Sparkly
    Yay! Additional questions assessed as competent, obviously subject to internal verification and moderation! What a relief :)
  • pirate
    well done yeah...fabulous

just found out that IV takes 14 days then 21 days to get to AAT web site ahhhhhhh and mine still not market
Privacy Policy