Financial statements

Sally5065
Sally5065 Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi,

I'm just starting to look at Financial statements having completed level 3 on the old standards. I am currently doing distance learning with Premier but unsure whether I will be able to do it on my own or register at the local college for the final year.

How did everyone alse find this unit?

Are the past paper based exams similar to the new CBA ones as I'm currently printing them out to help me get more practice?

Happy studying :)

Sally

Comments

• Dsindle
    Dsindle Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
    I would like to say yes, but from my experience the actual CBA questions were really random, you really need to know all of the assesable IAS's inside and out, as there are a lot of multiple choice and written questions on this exam, good luck!

I am 99% sure that i will be re-sitting this one....
  • leonag
    leonag Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi

I found packing all of level 4 into one year quite trying, mainly because of the time constraints. if you were going to do this I would go with a college as I found mine kept me on target, forcing me to hit deadlines by setting up regular exams (one at the end of each module). Distance learning though allows for all those things life will invariably throw at you, so you can work to your own time constraints, which if you wanted could still be a year, you'd just have to very strict with yourself.

The practice papers, I found the old papers were quite similar, on the big questions, however the CBA's have a lot of small questions thrown in too that could be on any part of the syllabus, so you have to know it all. These questions aren't worth many points, but every point counts when you're trying to pass an exam.

Leona
  • Sally5065
    Sally5065 Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I will see how I get on with the assignments then make my decision!!!

Sally
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi chaps,

I'm interested in the style of question that came up in the CBE's regarding IAS. The Osborne books have lots of multiple choice questions - are the short CBE questions multiple choice or is it more along the lines of "Define what is meant by an asset" and they expect a short written answer ? Or a mix of both ?

I'm absolutely dreading this first exam ! For my level 2 and 3 I've just done every single practice exam in the learning zone - I just don't know where to start preparing for this one !
  • Miffy3QE
    Miffy3QE Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor ⭐
    Dsindle wrote: »
    I would like to say yes, but from my experience the actual CBA questions were really random, you really need to know all of the assesable IAS's inside and out, as there are a lot of multiple choice and written questions on this exam, good luck!

I am 99% sure that i will be re-sitting this one....

Me too! Today I sat my Financial Statements and despite doing TONS of revision including pracise papers, hours spent learning IAS's standards plus lots of online CBA's, and having the Osborne Tuorial and Workbook for this subject, I really can not stress enough how much you need to know all your theory as well as be a whizz at the numbers. Very hard, and a definite resit for me I feel.....
Privacy Policy