Question bank ap1 and ap2

MWAUGH1983
MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi,

Just wondered what people think of the question bank books with bpp. Are these worth getting for accounts prep?

Cheers
Martin

Comments

• JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I can't say about ap1 and 2 but they certainly helped me with BA1 and 2. The questions are in some ways harder than those in the exam. They give you different versions of the same questions which is very handy.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hello Martin

If you are looking for extra question practice these would be a valuable resource.

All the best.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I can't say about ap1 and 2 but they certainly helped me with BA1 and 2. The questions are in some ways harder than those in the exam. They give you different versions of the same questions which is very handy.

Cheers for the advice guys!

Also, do you download something to get these questions or do you go to the internet site?

Cheers
    Martin
  • Kate989589
    Kate989589 Registered Posts: 17 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    The online question bank is a website, you sign in, enter the code in the front of the book and it gives u acsess to the online version of all the questions.

I actually thought the online version BA1 + BA2 question banks were a bit rubbish, there were quite a few mistakes, there answers didnt match up to the answers in the book. Or you would put in the correct answer and it would mark it wrong. I also found that it would block out certain squares on practice cash books etc which allowed you to guess where the answers should be.
    Also the 'follow on' questions were it would ask you to use your answer from (a) and then work out (b) if you scrolled back it would delete any workings out you'd already done. All in all disapointing. I'm trying Kaplan for API + AP2.
  • AAT Level 3
    AAT Level 3 Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Kaplan materials are very good for AP1 and AP2, I would say if you complete the revision kit for these and complete the mocks they have then there is no chance you won't pass the exams. The Fixed Tests and Mock Exam on the Engage website are pretty confusing and not set out like the CBAs at all so I would say avoid them if you don't want to spend an hour being confused over why you got answers wrong.
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    The online question bank is a website, you sign in, enter the code in the front of the book and it gives u acsess to the online version of all the questions.

I actually thought the online version BA1 + BA2 question banks were a bit rubbish, there were quite a few mistakes, there answers didnt match up to the answers in the book. Or you would put in the correct answer and it would mark it wrong. I also found that it would block out certain squares on practice cash books etc which allowed you to guess where the answers should be.
    Also the 'follow on' questions were it would ask you to use your answer from (a) and then work out (b) if you scrolled back it would delete any workings out you'd already done. All in all disapointing. I'm trying Kaplan for API + AP2.

Yeah the online versions weren't great, I gave up on those and just used the books. These didn't have the squares blanked out, and the answers were (mostly) correct lol I managed to pass both, and I'm hoping the next edition of the text books will be better as I like their layout, and the size is really good.
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get some more practice papers for AP1 and AP2? I have them in the next week and have done the one on the AAT website. The practice CBA is the same as the paper ones you can print off. So if anyone knows where I can get some more practice papers I would be really grateful!!

Thank you!! :-)
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
Privacy Policy