Student Guide to IFRS (Clare Finch)

Options
uknitty
uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi there,

Has anyone used this book to help with their FNST preparation ? Looks very good, and from reading the amazon reviews people studying ACCA have commented it is useful.

I am on such a tight budget right now that I only really can afford to buy books that I need *right now* for the unit I am currently studying !

Bearing this in mind is is worth getting a copy, or just putting it on the wishlist for a bit further on in my studies ?

Comments

• rehana
    rehana Registered Posts: 61 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I bought it for my FNST CBA and thought it was very useful.I also managed to sell it on ebay straightaway as it is a popular book. Well written and easy to understand. They do have it in stock in Waterstones ,so you can always see if it is of any use.
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I used this book for my AAT DFS (unit 11) exam, and have since used it for 2 ACCA exams (F7 & P2). I would recommend it to anyone studying the IFRS', as it is written in an easy to understand way.
  • Michael56J
    Michael56J Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Highly recommended.

And Clare is really nice, too. I emailed the publishers to commend them on a fantastic book and I had a great email conversation about the book with Clare. She was really encouraging and helpful when I was struggling with my exams.
  • uknitty
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback

I found a new copy on Alibris for £12.50 - Happy days :) It should be here next week !
  • babsa
    babsa Registered Posts: 118 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I used this book also, well worth buying it before September.
  • uknitty
    Options
    Thanks Babsa - I'm distance learning so I'm hoping to do FNST in the next month or so ! I'm on such a tight budget right now that even though I have heard it is a great book I didn't want to buy it if it was going to be a bit too much information for this level of my studies. The feedback has all been "buy it now" ... so I did ! Should be here in the next few days :)
Privacy Policy