Paternity Pay

JodieR
JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
I'm just processing my first statatory paternity pay - on HMRC's website it says that the employer can reclaim 103% of the payment from HMRC but quickbooks only calculates the recovery at 100% and on the QBs help page it says
'All employers can recover a portion of SAP, SMP, OSPP, and ASPP payments. If you qualify for Small Employer's Relief, you can recover 100% of the SAP, SMP, OSPP, and ASPP amounts you paid, plus NIC compensation.'
Have they just got it wrong or am I getting confused?

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Is there a calculator on the HMRC website? I know there is for Maternity pay.

I would use that, print off the reports, and manually journal into your software.

Any help?
  • JodieR
    arghhhh i can't find the calculator thing - been round and round in circles on HMRC's site and tried downloading something from business link's site but no idea where it's saved itself to. I'm happy with doing the calculation and making the adjustment on QBs if I need to, I just want to be sure I definitly need to do it first.
  • payrollpro
    payrollpro Registered Posts: 427 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Jodie,

You are right but you need to deal with the two separately. QB is correctly allocating 100% as the recovery but should separately show the additional 3% compensation value when it produces the P32 summary. Its not technically part of the payroll, its a PAYE payment issue.
  • JodieR
    cheers! what a faf-on for Β£6!
  • JodieR
    ah I've just realised quickbooks had actually calculated it correctly but had entered the extra 3% on the 5th July and I was only running the report to 30th June.
    sorted. thanks!
Privacy Policy