Bad cba

lyndseywood87
lyndseywood87 Registered Posts: 47 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi

Has anyone else had trouble with doing the new computer based assessments? I sat my financial statements exam today and I had nothing but trouble. We started the exam at 9.30, but after half an hour my computer froze. I had to log out and log back in about six times before it completely gave up. We then had to void our exams off and start again at 1.00. What a complete mess?! Anyone else had a similar situation?

Lyndsey x

Comments

• kirstym01
    kirstym01 Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor โญ
    my spreadsheets exam crashed half way through, I had to shut the computer down and start again, thankfully I had saved not long before, not what you expect mid exam though!!
  • uknitty
    uknitty Registered Posts: 591 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Oh no ! Not what you need in the middle of a stressful situation - even more stress !

When do you get your resulst ? Fingers crossed for a good result for you - let us know how you got on :)
  • kirstym01
    kirstym01 Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor โญ
    Oh no ! Not what you need in the middle of a stressful situation - even more stress !

When do you get your resulst ? Fingers crossed for a good result for you - let us know how you got on :)

Hi uknitty, I actually took this one in early May and passed! I've finished and passed all of level 3 now.... such a weight off my mind! But yes it was incredibly stressful, I actually burst into tears!
  • lyndseywood87
    lyndseywood87 Registered Posts: 47 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Yay I passed :D x
  • KirstySladden1
    KirstySladden1 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    well done

well done Lyndsey, I have had problems with 3 exams but basic costing i had none, i was only 1 of 2 people taking the exam and whizzed through it in under an hour so dont know if this was a factor.

My BA1 & BA11 i took in london last december 2 days running, when we turned up there was 1 guy running the whole thing and said that all the computers were crashing. He started us off (took 30 mins) and the computers would crash and you would loose whatever you had done, this was a nightmare when i was in the middle of the bank rec. Half way through my course provider had rung my mobile and told me not to finish the exam, too late i already had! The following day was similar but i had passed both of them thankfully!

Computerised accounting was horrific in June, they started me off on 1 computer and it wasnt compatible with the version of sage i was on (also was a different version of sage to what i learnt on!), so i had to complete the exam on 1 computer and then save everything down to a folder on the shared network to submit it on the 1st computer! Another thing to stress about!

It also wouldnt let me make corrections in sage at first and also wouldnt export reports into excel, i had 5 mins remaining of the exam and so was told to submit without completing that particular question and to hope for the best! Thankfully i passed this too!

Am hoping WEAF is alot smoother next month, wish me luck!

Kirsty
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I've been really lucky with my CBAs so far, ive not had any problems, besides having it rearranged due to the big shut down of the servers they had before christmas.

I know it doesnt help those that have had problems, but didnt want some of those who havent taken a CBA so far to panic that every exam has had problems.

I've got my WEAF exam next month, not really looking forward to it, i work in an office enviroment at the moment, but i suppose its just making sure i answer the question! lol give me a numbers exam anyday!
Privacy Policy