Friday afternoon banter: Embarrassing moments...

mattaat
mattaat Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
Has anyone got any interesting stories about the most embarrassing things thats happened to them at work, whether its to do with clients or just anything with fellow staff? :)

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Years ago, this one time I split my jeans :-D I wore a cardi round my waist for the rest of the day :lol:
  • mattaat
    mattaat Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    hahaa bet that must of been an interesting day for you :-P your lucky your aloud to wear jeans tho! I have to be suited and booted :(
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor 🐘
    I was referred to someone as their mother when in fact it was their girlfriend!!
  • Yazi
    Yazi Registered Posts: 225 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I thought I had left my credit card in a small bag I keep at work to go down the bank with. I called in the next day as couldnt find my card at home. One of the directors said they would look in the bag.
    Now I must impress this is not a normal handbag...Just one that I keep at work to take payment to the bank, so its normally for tissues and phone etc. Anyway he did and found no card but rooted around in the side zips too...(I didnt say to do that....) and he found some girlie things....

Next day he said he was scarred for life...!

(I found the card at home after all that....)
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    On my first day at a new job I was being shown around and fell down an entire flight of stairs. The contents of my handbag went EVERYWHERE where a MAN proceeded to collect the erm 'items' for me and I really hurt myself but didn't want to look like a wimp so laughed it off!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I once got someones name confused while on the phone to them with a rather rude sexual act and burst out laughing mid conversation. The persons surname was Head. It quickly ended up in uncontrollable tears and an inability to speak properly and I had to ask if I could ring her back as I was "experiencing a sneezing fit".
  • Luby
    Luby Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor ⭐
    Not so much embarrasing but did make me feel really bad. I went to an accountants firm for a weeks work experience as i was still deciding if accounting was what i still wanted to do and on my very first day there i was using the shredder which broke on me. I remember just thinking oh my god this isnt going well first day and equiment broke on me :( .... Turns out the shredder had been playing up for a couple of weeks anyway but it still didnt make me feel much better at the time. They still employed me and two years later we just laugh about it ....

I also broke a holepuncher in my first week during the work experience (that was my fault trying to punch through to much at once) but they never found out that was me - I couldnt handle two pieces of equipment breaking on me in my first week when i wasnt even an employee
  • groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    In my first job at a Chartered firm and open plan office with a seperate reception, the receptionist tricked me into what I thought was intercom a certain individual when in fact the whole office could here me ask "if any was there", that one got me some stick for a while.

Also had to make my excuses after having a laughing fit mid conversation, luckily it was another of our offices rather than a client.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    A few days ago our 2nd laser printer broke. I spent ALL day looking for a replacement and finally ordered one at 6pm.

Yesterday, I tried to print to the label printer, and it didn't work. Its connected by the same connection as the other one. Sinking feeling huh?! Yeah, I fixed the USB hub that has come unplugged and all printers now work :lol:

I also am 1 day behind and £100 lighter and have a new printer!!!!

Serves me right for being too busy to remember to do basic troubleshooting!
Privacy Policy