Newbie questions

redcard
redcard Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
I've signed up for AAT this week, and intend to fly through the first two stages this year.

1. I have signed up, and given the local BPP centre as my study supplier. I have no intention of using them for study materials, but will probably book exams with them as an external student. Will this be a problem? I think a lot of people assume you have to be registered on a study course to be accepted by AAT, and I must say the information on the website can be extremely misleading regarding this.

2. Are there any textbooks that come with an ebook / digital version? I've been looking around, but not really seeing much. I would much rather buy an ebook only, but these are impossible to find.

Thanks!

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hello redcard

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your studies :)

I can't say that I know of any ebook/digital versions only. If you purchase books by BPP/Kaplan etc. I think you also have access to a pdf/swf version.

Best wishes.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I think BPP offers some books as ebook, when you get to the ordering form.

The CBA's you can do without a provider, but there are some CBE's and other assessments that will need to be checked by a study provider, instead of the AAT themselves. I don't know which units those are, but you could probably find that information back in a search on this forum, as there was some discussion about it recently. There is one specific post giving the units which you need a provider for! But of course I can't remember where it is or the title, so I'm afraid it will be a bit of a search.

I would expect the information on the website, but it's either not easy to find or not available, which is a bit of a shame!
  • redcard
    redcard Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Ah, I had no idea the testing centres had anything to do with marking - I assume it's the computer based projects?
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I think you are probably right with saying that redcard - I know for Level 3 my SPSW (spreadsheets) module was marked by my tuition provider.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy