Cost & Revenue exam yesterday

Hopeipassx
Hopeipassx Registered Posts: 66 Regular contributor โญ
Hi

How did everyone feel about yesterdays CBA cost and rev exam? Luckily I passed but some sections I thought never come across in the books!

Comments

• BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Congratulations! I hated that unit when I did it!
    x
  • Hopeipassx
    Yeah same, hated it too, was drending it for a long time. phew its over now :)
  • Luby
    Luby Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor โญ
    Exam

How was the exam ? I've got to sit mine next week and am just wondering how difficult it will be, ive done a LOT of past papers (Around 10) i think and seem to be getting on with them fine was there anything surprising in there?
  • Hopeipassx
    You'll be fine if you have done 10 previous practice papers. I had a lot of contribution questions, like contribution per mile/per hour and which would be the best in a particular scenairo etc etc. Mine was based on a bus company. I did have a few mini panic attacks because I did come across questions I never seen before. But mine I'd say 70% was the same questions as the online practice exam.

Fingers crossed for you.
  • TriciaAAT
    TriciaAAT Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Cost & Revenue

Hi I thought some of the questions were really strange, I sat the exam the end of March and failed. Im doing the resit next week so fingers crossed!! I am pretty annoyed as I studied quite a bit. I had previously sat accounts Prep 1 & Professional Ethics and passed ok - the questions in these were pretty similar to the AAT practice exams

Anybody got any tips???
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi I thought some of the questions were really strange, I sat the exam the end of March and failed. Im doing the resit next week so fingers crossed!! I am pretty annoyed as I studied quite a bit. I had previously sat accounts Prep 1 & Professional Ethics and passed ok - the questions in these were pretty similar to the AAT practice exams

Anybody got any tips???

Hi Tricia

My tips...

Practice, practice and practice some more :)

Complete the practice CBA if you have not yet done so.

Work through all the exercises in your course material/text books and pay special attention to any areas where you think you have a weakness.

Ask questions here if there is a topic you can't quite grasp as there are lots of people here who will be only too pleased to help you.

Good luck.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • stephleedz
    stephleedz Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi there,

I noticed you had done the exam and mentioned to do the CBA, Is the CBA on the AAT website similar to the cost and revenue exam that you did?

Thanks

Steph
  • AAT Level 3
    AAT Level 3 Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    When you say some of the questions related to things that were not in the book how is this possible surely they can't question something that hasn't been covered somewhere in the materials.

The Kaplan mock for this is a complete horror of an exam and I managed to pass that so hopefully if I cover the areas I fell down on I can pass.
  • AAT Level 3
    AAT Level 3 Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I forgot to ask does IRR come up anywhere in the exams anyone has sat, I really do not understand this concept clearly enough as it was one page in the class notes.

For example the question in the mock asked if the IRR is 16% should you invest, I said you should invest as it is above 10% however I cannot for the life of me understand anymore on it.
  • stephleedz
    stephleedz Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I personnally did not get a question on this however in order to invest the cost of capital must be less than the IRR. if the cost of capital is more than IRR do not invest. If the NPV is positive invest regardless of what the cost of capital or IRR is.

Steph
Privacy Policy